Chapters in Books (upto 5)
- “Contextualizing Social Development in Northeast India”, in Social Sector Development in North-East India. Eds. Ashok Pankaj, Atul Sarma and Antora Borah, pp. 37-63, Sage. 2020.
- “Social and Institutional Engagements in a Periphery: Reflections on a Personal Journey”, Social Scientist in South Asia: Personal Narratives, Social Forces and Negotiations. Eds. Achla P. Tandon, Gopi D. Tripathy and Rashi Bhargava, pp. 159-173, Routledge. 2020.
- “Building “India’s Future Powerhouse”: Discourses of ‘Development’ and Popular Resistance in Northeast India” in Reframing the Environment: Resources, Risk & Resistance in Neoliberal India, Ed. Manisha Rao, pp. 56-79, Routledge. 2020.
- “Periphery Calling: Layers of Divergence” (Introduction Chapter), Fixed Borders, Fluid Boundaries: Identity, Resources and Mobility in North East India. Eds. C.K. Sharma and Reshmi Banerjee, pp. 1-12, Routledge. 2020 (with Reshmi Banerjee).
- “Tribal Movements”, Social Movements: Concepts, Experiences and Concerns. Ed. Biswajit Ghosh, pp. 132-151, Sage. 2020 (With Bhaswati Borgohain).
Articles in Journals (upto 5)
- “In Search of a better future: Nepali Rural Out-migration from Assam”, Sociological Bulletin, Vol. 68, No. 3, pp. 307–324. 2019, Sage. (with Pinku Muktiar)
- “Dams, ‘Development’ and Popular Resistance in Northeast India”, Sociological Bulletin, Vol. 67, No. 3, pp. 317–333, 2018, Sage.
- “Small Tea Plantation and its Impact on the Rural Landscape of Contemporary Assam”, International Journal of Rural Management, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 140–161, 2017, Sage. (with Prarthana Barua)
- “Issues of Conservation and Livelihood in a Forest Village of Assam”, International Journal of Rural Management, Vol.10, No. 1, pp. 47-68, 2014, Sage, (with Indrani Sarma)
- “The Immigration Issue in Assam and Conflicts Around it”, The Asian Ethnicity, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 287-309, 2012, Routledge.
Acted as a Resource Person
- Forest and Forest Dwellers of Assam: Searching for a Sustainable Relationship. ICSSR-IMPRESS Project. Duration: October, 2019 to September, 2021 (Co-Director)
- Status of Child Marriage in Assam. Funded by Assam State Child Protection Society, Government of Assam. Duration: July-December, 2019 (Consultancy with Dr. Namami Sharma)
- Assessment of Nutrition Counselling cum ManagementCentres in Assam, UNICEF Assam, Duration: August-November, 2018. (Principal Investigator)
- Contemporary Inter-State Rural Outmigration from Assam, 2017-2018, 2019-2020 (under UGC SAP-DRS I Programme) (Principal Investigator)
- Urbanization and its Impact on Environment: A study with reference to a Wetland (beel) of Guwahati city. Funded by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies (MAKAIAS), Kolkata. Duration: January-December, 2016. (Principal Investigator)
- A Study on Political Economy of the Conflicts along Assam-Arunachal Pradesh Foothills Border:A Study with Special Reference to the Behali Area, under European Commission (EC) Project entitled, “Conflict Mitigation through Creation of Regional Hub for Natural Resources in North East India”, Project co-funded by Canada Fund for Local Initiatives through ActionAid Association, Guwahati Regional Office. Duration: February-October, 2015. (Consultancy)
- Assessment of Water Supply and Water Safety Scenario in Assam. A Study conducted for Assam Public Health Engineering Department (APHED) on a situational assessment of the water security to rural households in the five (5) districts of Assam through Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati with financial support from the UNICEF. (As Team Leader for the study conducted by ENVIRON, an environmental NGO based in Guwahati, Assam. Duration: November 2011 to February 2012).
- Social and Political Movements among the Misings: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives”. Funded by ActionAid International, Guwahati Regional office. Duration: October 2007 to January, 2008. (Principal Investigator)