The student will achieve an in-depth understanding of a particular area of specialization through the selection of appropriate elective courses, independent study, and dissertation research. Areas of specialization will follow the research interests of the faculty and include Condensed Matter Physics, Photonics, and Nanotechnology Physics.
The student’s research advisory committee, immediately following the student successful passing the preliminary examination, will determine the additional required elective courses. For students already holding a Master’s degree, a variable number of hours may be applied to the Ph.D. as determined by the Departmental Graduate Committee and with the approval of the Graduate School.
- M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Geophysics / Material Science / Applied Mathematics/ Nano Science & Technology.
- M.Phil., M.Tech. in Solid State Materials / Material Science / Electronics /Energy.
Admission Procedure :
Selection of the candidates will strictly be done on merit based on performance in the Entrance Test followed by personal interview.
For More Information: Click here
- Condensed Matter Physics, Laser Physics, Quantum Electronics
- Condensed Matter Physics, Materials Science, GPS
- Theoretical High Energy Physics, Particle Physics
- Nano Science and Nano Technology, Physics of Materials
- Plasma Physics
- Laser Physics, Optoelectronics
- Condensed Matter Physics, Nanoscience
- Plasma Physics, Non-linear Dynamics
- Solar Cell
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Phase Transitions at reduced dimension
- Soft Matter
- Dr. A. Kumar
- Dr. J. K. Sarma
- Dr. N. S. Bhattacharyya
- Dr. P. Deb
- Dr. N. Das
- Dr. G. A. Ahmed
- Dr. D. Mohanta
- Dr. P. K. Karmakar
- Dr. P. Nath
- Dr. M. K. Das
- Dr. A. Pathak
- Dr. Rupjyoti Gogoi
- Dr. S. K. Das
- Dr. Rajib Biswas
- Dr. N. K. Francis
Rules & Regulations for Ph.D. may be obtained from HERE