The MA (C4D) programme has been designed with the purpose of developing comprehensive understanding of the field of communication in general and communication for development in particular. The concept of development has gained a larger shift from economic development to more holistic people centered agenda with a redefined role for the state, NGOs and even communication professionals. In this context the MA (C4D) programme is an attempt to train sensitive, motivated human resources to cater to the development sector globally and locally.
The concept of Development has gained a new momentum with a change from an almost exclusive focus on economic development to a more people-centered agenda with a redefined role for the state, economic agencies and even non-state agencies. Developmental initiatives and goals too have become a new framework by centrifuging people as participatory decision makers. Developmental stimulus requires a concerted effort by all with variegated needs and challenges in a multilayered society. In this context the MA in Communication for Development (MA-C4D) programme is an attempt to train sensitive, motivated human resources to cater to the development sector globally.
2.Qualification descriptors for the graduates
- ● Multisectoral knowledge on development and communication
- ● Identifying and understanding people’s participation as key to positive development.
- ● Understanding development as Glo-na-Re-cal integrated concept
Skills & Techniques
- ● Appropriate skill application in planning, executing, monitoring and evaluating Devcom campaigns
- ● Contextualizing and refining skills for ensuring independent and community problem solving ability.
- ● Advancement and Enhancement of skills and techniques
- ● Critical and Multidisciplinary competence
- ● Planning, monitoring and Evaluation
- ● Entrepreneurship development
- ● Critical and integrative thinking and inquiry
- ● Effective participatory communication
- ● Identification of social Problems and their solutions
- ● Self-adaptive life-long learning
- ● Entrepreneurship and leadership
- ● Research and new knowledge creation, extension and refinement.