Dr. Sunil Kanta Behera
|Ph.D. (J & M.C)||Berhampur University Berhampur||1998|
|MJMC||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||1990|
|F.A.C(Film Appreciation Course)||Film & Television Institute of India, FTII, Pune||1985|
|BJMC||Berhampur University, Berhampur||1980|
|M.Com||Berhampur University, Berhampur||1979|
|B.Com. (Hons)||Berhampur University, Berhampur||1977|
Area of Interest:
Communication Theory and Research, Gender and Media
Phone: 03712-27-5453 , 03712-27-5453
- Sociology and Technology of PR and Social Media. Published in Book - Jansampark: Badalte Aayam, Indra Publishing House and PRSI Bhopal, 2019. ISBN: 978-93-88338- 41-7, Pg. 137-141
- Community Radio Stations: Policy, Participation and Engagement in Odisha. Published in Communication Today, (ISSN:0975-217X), Volume 19, No.2 (April-June, 2017), Pg. 1-15.
- Gender Bias in Indian News Media: A study of Indian Women. Published in Communication Today, (ISSN:0975-217X), Volume 19, No.1 (January-March, 2017), Pg. 22-30
- Gender imbalance in Odisha Media, Published in Communication Today, (ISSN:0975217X) Volume 18,No.4 (October-December, 2016), Pg. 71-84.
- Empowering People, Empowering Nation: The Role of RTI-Published in American research thoughts, volume 2, issue 4, February 2016(p-3548-3572).
- National Initiatives to Reduce Gender Bias in News Media-Published in Communication Today, Jaipur, Rajasthan (ISSN:0975-217X), Volume 17,No.1&2(JanMarch 2015 and April-June 2015)(pp 225-236).
- International Initiatives to Reduce Gender Bias in News Media—Published in European Academic Research—International Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Romania, Volume 3, Issue 2/May 2015.
- Gender Bias in Indian News Media: A Study of the Odia Language Newspapers Published in International Journal of Communication Development(A Peer Reviewed Research Journal),New Delhi,(ISSN:2231-2498)Volume-4,Issue 2&3(Joint Edition)JulyDecember,2014(pp-1-18)
- Youth Activism through Social Media in Assam: An Exploratory Study – Published in DEV SANSKRITI, an Interdisciplinary International Research Journal, Dev Sanskriti Visavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India, July, 2014.
- Management of Media during Anna Hazare’s India Against Corruption – Fast at Ramlila Maidan, New Delhi: A 360 degree Analysis – Published in the book Issues of Journalistic Ethics and Freedom in the Contemporary Age of Digital Media (Edited by: Professor Tapati Basu and published by University of Calcutta, Kolkata), 2012.
- Communication and Development: The Indian Experience – Published in Prajnanbhuti, the Journal of Social Science and Humanities, Berhampur University, Odisha, 2010-11.
- Gender Bias in Indian News Media: A Study of the Unseen and Unheard Women- Presented at the National Seminar on “Women and Media: Challenges and Opportunities” held at Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad, India and Abstract published in the Abstract Brochure of the National Seminar and the Full Paper published in Research Journal of Berhampur University, Vol.1, 2011.
- Bridging the Gap: Strategic Communication for Development of Tribals in India- Presented at the National Seminar on “Scheduled Tribes of India: Yesterday, Today and Tommorrow” held at Kushabhau Thakre University of Journalism & Mass Communication, Raipur.
- Public Service Broadcasting in India: A Communication Need for Development – Abstract published in the Abstract Brochure of the National Conference on Media as a Partner in National Development held at Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
- Development Communication Practices in India: Dilemmas and Prospects – Published in the Symposium Publication of the National Symposium on Development Communication held at SRM University, Chennai.
- Traditional Media and Development: An Assamese Perspective – Presented at the National Conference on Media and Development held at Kushabhau Thakre University of Journalism and Mass Communication, Raipur.
- Indo-Canadian Relationship: The Mass Media Perspective – Published in the Seminar Proceedings of the National Seminar on “Indo-Canadian Families: Challenges and Opportunities in the Pluralistic Canadian Society” held at Berhampur University, sponsored by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute, New Delhi.
- Information and Communication Technology in Healthcare: A Study of Orissa – Published in Journal of Communication Studies, Vol. 1, No. 2-3, September 2007, pp.25-41, Bhopal.
- Towards Knowledge Societies: An Agenda – Abstract published in the Abstract Brochure of the National Seminar on Transition from Information Society to Knowledge Society: An Indian Perspective at University of Burdwan, Burdwan.
- ICT and Empowerment of Women – Published in Sanchar Shree, a research journal of Department of J & M.C., Lucknow University, Lucknow, Vol. 6, Issue 1, JanuaryMarch, 2006, pp. 26-29.
- Science, Communication and Development: A Study of Communication Pattern in Rural India – Published in Journal of Communication Studies, Vol. 4, No. 4, OctoberDecember, 2005, pp. 1-13, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Mass Communicator Madhusudan – Published in a book titled “Madhusudan: The Architect of Oriya Nationalism” edited by Prof. J.K. Baral, Vidyapuri, 2003, Cuttack, Orissa
- The Language Press in India: A Case Study of Oriya Newspapers – Published in a book titled “Media and Society” edited by Dr. Vir Bala Agarwal, Concept, 2002, New Delhi.
- Rebuilding Higher Education on National Ethos. (Published by Prof. P.K. Sahu, Seminar Director, Department of Commerce, Berhampur University, 2001).
- Monitoring the Media: Freedom, Responsibility and Social Commitment. Published in Communication Today, Vol.5, No.3, July-Sept. 2001, pp.30-42, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- “Freedom of the Press and its Responsibilities: The Indian Perspective” presented at the CAEJAC-AMIC International Seminar on “Press Freedom and Professional Standards in Asia” held at Kualalumpur, Malayasia, 16-18 May, 1996.
- The Ivory Tower of Learning: or, How Relevant is our Mass Communication Pedagogy? – presented the paper at the 3rd Annual AMIC Conference on “Communications, Convergence and Development” held at Bangkok, Thailand, 23-25 June, 1994 published in Media Asia, Volume 21, Number 3, 1994, Singapore.
- Advertisements and the Cultural Construction of Femininity (Co-author – Mr. Dilip Das, Sr. Lecturer, Department of English, Berhampur University) – presented at the National Seminar on “Women, Science and Technology” jointly organised by U.S. Educational Foundation in India and University of Calcutta, March 16-17, 1994.
- Communication Research in Asia – Status, Problems and Needs – Presented at the Commonwealth (CAEJAC) Conference on “Journalism Education, Media and Development” held at Hyderabad from July 12-14, 1990 published in CAEJAC JOURNAL, Vol., IV, 1991-92, CANADA.
- 50 Years of Indo-Canadian Relations. (Published by Centre for Canadian Studies, Berhampur University, 1997).
- “Women’s Perception of Mass Media – An Empirical Study” – Presented at the National Seminar on Women and Mass Media held at Coimbatore from June 22-23, 1990 (Co-author – Dr. K.S. Padhy, Reader in Political Science, Berhampur University).
- “The Neglected and Mistreated Women of Hindi Films : An Analytical Study” – presented at the National Seminar on “Women and Mass Media” held at Coimbatore, from June 22-23, 1990.
- “Communication Research in India – An Overview”, - Presented at the U.G.C. National Workshop on Communication Training and Research held at Osmania University, Hyderabad from March 05-10, 1990.
- “Communication and Development: A Revaluation”, Seminar Publication (national Seminar on ‘India into the Twenty – First Century: Changes and Challenges’) 1988, Hyderabad (India).
- “Gender Role Biases in Indian Television,” – Media Asia, Vol. 16, No. 3, 1989, Singapore.
- “Freedom of Press in India” – Berhampur University Research Journal, 1986.
- “The March of Indian Cinema,” Vidura, December 1985, New Delhi.
- “Newspaper Economics and Management,” – Vidura, April, 1985, New Delhi.