DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
Major thrust areas of research of the Department are, Astrophysics, High Energy Physics (Theoretical), Nanomaterials, Neutrino Physics, Optoelectronics, Plasma Physics, Microwaves and Solid State Ionics.
- MSc in Physics
- MSc in Nanoscience & Technology
- Integrated M.Sc. in Physics
- Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed.
- Ph.D. in Physics
MSc in Physics
MSc in Nanoscience & Technology
Integrated M.Sc. in Physics
Integrated B.Sc. B. Ed.
No of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) produced (Up to 2012): 26
MAJOR FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE
- High Power Nd-YAG Laser
- Microwave Set-up
- High Vacuum Thin Film Coating Unit
- LCR Bridge Tester
- Computerized insertion loss measurement x-band system
- CTE measurement setup for polymer materials.
- Electronic Balance
- Tube Furnace
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Luminescence Spectro Photometer
- Semi Conductor Characterization Setup
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Polarizing Microscope
- UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Vector network Analyser
- High Power Microwave Set-up
NO OF FACULTY: 17
Professors: 05; Associate Professors: 06; Assistant Professor: 06
And One Chair
BHARAT RATNA LOKAPRIYA GOPINATH BORDOLOI CHAIR PROFESSOR
Rajpal S Sirohi, Professor of Eminence
Padma Shri, FNAE, FNASc, FOSA, FSPIE, FOSI, AvH Fellow, AvH Awardee
Specialization: Coherent Optics, Optical Instrumentation, Laser Application, Optical Metrology
Faculty has attended a number of International Conferences abroad and also acted as a resource person in many Seminar/Conferences/workshops in India and abroad.
No of Distinguished Visitors in the Department of Physics during the period of April 2009 to till date: 26
- Professor J. V. Narlikar, Padma vibhushan, former Director of IUCAA, Pune
- Dr. Abhijit Saha, Scientist F, UGC-DAE Consortium, Kolkata
- Prof. D. D. Sarma, FASc, FNASc, FNA, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Prof. Debatosh Guha, Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics, University of Calcutta.
- Prof. P.K.Bajpai, Gurughasidas University, Bilaspur
Publication Details (From 2009-2013 March):
Total= 242, International=234, National=08
Conference Proceedings: (2013-2009): 12
Publication Details (After March, 2013 to Dec-2013)
Total: 55, International=55, National= nil
Number of completed Projects: (2009-13): 16 Total Amount Rs 570.335 Lakhs
Number of ongoing projects: 17 and Total Amount Rs 473.974 lakhs
(National/International (2009-2013): 30