- Result of Nation-wide Competition on 'Laws relating to Women'
- International Girl Child Day, 11th October, 2018
- Answers for the Nation-wide Competition on 'Laws relating to Women'
- Nation-wide Competition on 'Laws relating to Women'
- Lecture postponed
- Click My Pledge, International Women's Day Celebration, 8-March-2018
- Celebrating International Women's Day Women's Week 8 th - 16 th March, 2018
- Ms. Priyanka Acharya, student of PG Diploma is awarded First Prize.
Chandraprabha Saikiani Centre for Women’s Studies (CSCWS), Tezpur University was established in the year 2009. It supports redistribution of women power and control of resources in favour of women. The vision of Chandraprabha Saikiani Center for Women’s Studies, Tezpur University is to provide a platform and promote studies on women belonging to the diverse socio-cultural milieu of North- East India. The priority of CSCWS is to build a body of information and knowledge resource pool regarding women of this region. Looking at the diverse population and the geographical dynamics of the region the centre aims to develop a theoretical understanding of the matter. For the preservation of the rich cultural heritage of the region, documentation will be undertaken to advance the development of women’s studies, while contributing to general advances of knowledge in human social and cultural development...View Detail
When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or wel-comed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak.
We realise the importance of our voice when we are silenced.
Oppressed groups are frequently placed in the situation of being listened to only if we frame our ideas in the language that is familiar to and comfortable for a dominant group. This requirement often changes the meaning of our ideas and works to elevate the ideas of dominant groups.