About Tezpur University
Tezpur University was established in 1994 by an Act of the Parliament as a teaching and residential central university with an objective to promote
teaching-learning and research for advancement of knowledge and creation of human resources for the development of the state, region and the nation.
Located on a 262-acre plot at Tezpur, Assam, the University currently has 20 departments and 11 Centres/Cells offering 63 carefully chosen academic
programmes under four Schools of Studies viz., the Schools of Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and Engineering.
The chief features of the University are:
- Over 3700 students (including international) mentored by 240 faculty members and supported by 270 technical and administrative staff.
- Admission through JEE, MAT, CAT, GATE, CEEB and TUEE.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure to ensure easy adaptability anywhere in the world.
- Continuous Evaluation system and Choice-based Credit Transfer facility.
- A fully ICT enabled campus with campus-wide internet accessibility.
- Microsoft Innovation Centre.
- A Central Library with accessibility to major libraries of the world including e-library facilities.
- The 62-room 3 star equivalent University Guesthouse with VIP accommodation facilities.
- Ample opportunity for cultivating talents in games & sports, music & culture, literature and others.
- Active training & placement assistance.
Multi-level collaboration with Queen’s University, UK; University of Bremen, Germany; European Union under FP7; University of Nottingham, UK;
University of Southampton under the UKIERI; International Institute of Social History, Netherlands; Abu Akademi University, Finland; University
College of London; etc.
Recent Achievement (Students)
- Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship 2015-2016
- The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz 2014
- Selected for Defi Bouygues Construction Challenge held in Ile-de- France
- Research on Advanced Research in Cancer Biology at Colorado, USA
- Selected for JSPS Hope Fellowship, Japan
- In 30 selected students for Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting 2015
- The Mahindra Auto Quotient 2014 (automobile quiz)
- Champion in the Invitational Inter-University Badminton Tournament 2014
- Laurels at the National Youth Festival 2015 organized by MHRD, MSYA and AIU
- Top prizes at the 8th South-East Asian Universities Youth Festival, 2015 organized by MHRD, MSYA and AIU
Recent Achievement (Faculties)
- First from NE: National Bioscience Award for Career Development (2013) of Govt. of India
- Distinguished Alumni Award of IIT Delhi and Chandra S. Vikram Award-2014
- Lifetime Achievement Award in IPR of LEGAL ERA, India
- Green Chemistry Institutes Distinguish Honored Lecture Award of American Chemical Society
- The first Pallavi Barua Bhuyan Translation Award
- Commonwealth Fellowship, UK
- US patent US8495744 B2
- International Hindi Sevi Saraswati Samman 2014 at Wardha, Mauritius
- UGC-DAAD Exchange of Senior Scientist Fellowship at Univ. of Hamburg and MPIEA, Germany
- JSPS Bridge Fellowship, Japan
- Young Scientist Award (2012-2014), Govt. of India
- Fulbright-Nehru International Fellowships