PhD on the topic " Narratives of Conservation: A Study in Ecosophy" from the Department of Social Work, University of Delhi (2019)
MPhil on the topic "Environmental ethics of the Big tribe: Exploring nature and culture", from the Department of Social Work, University of Delhi (2013)
Masters from Department of Social Work, University of Delhi (2006)
BSc. in Botany (Honours), Miranda House, University of Delhi (2004)
Area of Interest
Environment and Social Work, Community Development, Gender issues
Environment and Social Work, Gender Issues, Political Economy: State, Society and Development, Human Rights
- Participated as a resource person in the 1st WFSCAN workshop in Assam, India. Spoke on “ Local and Traditional agriculture”, 2020.
- Presented a talk on “Minimalist living: A step towards nature conservation” in the webinar on “Living with Nature: The only solution” organized by Action Aid, India”, 2020
- Presented a talk on “Moving beyond Covid 19: Sustaining Simple Lifestyles” organized by All India Women’s Conference, 2020.
- Presented a paper on “ Disaster and Distributive Politics: Narratives from the field” in the conference “ Disaster Management and Climate Change: Perspectives from India’s North East” Organised by the Centre of North East Studies and Policy Research at Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi. (2019)
- Presented a paper on “Sacred Ecology: Articulating nature through the Gods” in the National Seminar on “Understanding the Sacred”, organized by the Department of Cultural Studies, Tezpur University.
- Participated as a Resource person and spoke on “Child Sexual Abuse and POCSO Act” in the refresher course for the TGT teachers at Kendiya Vidyalaya. (2019)
- Participated in an international learning programme on climate change and globalization at Berlin, Germany, conducted by Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung in collaboration with PlanPolitik, Berlin.
- Intensive workshop on “Livelihood Training Programme” conducted by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust and the Allied Trusts
- Attended a three-day workshop on Logical Frame Analysis conducted by Pan Himalayan Grassroots Development Foundation, Almora, Uttarakhand
- Participated in a two day intensive workshop on Participatory Rural Appraisal Methods instrumental in making comprehensive village level plans.