Dr. Dambarudhar Mohanta
Present position : Associate Professor
Office address : Department of Physics
PO. Napaam, Tezpur,
Assam-784 028, India.
E-mail : email@example.com
Telephone : +91-3712-267007/8/9 Extn. 5558 (Off)
+91-3712-267007/8/9 Extn. 6558 (Res)
Fax : +91-3712-267006.
2004 Ph.D Tezpur University, Assam.
1994 MSc Maharaja Purna Chandra College (Utkal University), Odisha.
* Optoelectronic and photonic properties of elongated/asymmetric nanostructures
* Bioconjugated quantum dots and ion channel response
* Magneto-optic and magneto-viscous properties of novel ferrofluids
* Indo-US Fellowship from IUSSTF, New Delhi to work at Harvard University, USA (2012-13)
* BOYSCAST fellowship from DST, New Delhi, Govt. of India to work at
University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA. (2007-08)
* Teacher Fellowship from Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore to work at SN
Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata. (2006)
* Teacher Fellowship from Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad: 2003.
* National organizing committee member of Condensed Matter Days.
Available as Reviewer
* Journal of Materials Chemistry and Physics, Elsevier Publishing
* Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Elsevier Publishing
* Journal of Applied Physics, AIP Publishing
* Applied Surface Science, Elsevier Publishing
* Journal of Material Science, Springer Publishing
Photonic properties of semiconductor
nanoscale structures subjected to energetic ion
irradiation (IUAC) 2011-2014
Investigation of magneto-viscous and magneto-optic properties of novel
* Fluorescent nanocrystal induced ion channels for
biomolecular labeling applications
(DST FAST TRACK) 2009-12
* Publications in referred journals : 65
* Publications as technical reports/proceeding/conference papers : 15
Synthesis, Stabilization of CdSe Quantum Dots and the Role of Rose Water and Citric Environment, Nanosci. and Nanotech Lett. 4 (8), 775-782 (2012)
Magnetically induced optical activity and dichroism of gadolinium oxide nanoparticle\96based ferrofluids, J. Appl. Phys. 111, 044904-1-5 (2012)
Photonic properties of butterfly wing infiltrated with Ag-nanoparticles, R. Boruah, P. Nath, D. Mohanta, G. A. Ahmed, A. Choudhury, Nanosci. and Nanotech Lett. 3 (4), 458-462 (2011)
Physical and biophysical characteristics of nanoscale tungsten oxide particles and their Interaction with human genomic DNA, V.B.Kumar, C.E.Sawian, D.Mohanta, S.Baruah, N.S. Islam, J. Nanosci. and Nanotech, 11(6), 4659-4666 (2011)
Hydrazine reduced exfoliated graphene/graphene oxide layers and magneto-conductance measurements of Ge-supported graphene layers, H.Paul, D.Mohanta, Appl. Phys. A 103 (2), 395-402 (2011)
Optimum Mn-doping, effective tetragonality and correlated luminescence characteristics of PbTiO3 nanoparticles, A.C. Roy, D. Mohanta, Phil. Mag. Lett. 91(6), 423-431 (2011)
Synthesis, characterization and effect of low energy Ar ion on gadolinium oxide nanoparticles, N.Paul, M.Devi, and D.Mohanta, Mater. Res. Bull.46(8), 1296-1300 (2011).