Teaching: <5 yearsProfessional Membership:
Member, Assam Science SocietyIEEE Professional MemberMember, International Geohazards Research SocietyLife member, Indian Seismological SocietyCurrent Research Interest:
Geophysics, Seismic Microzonation, Optoelectronics, Fiber Optic Instrumentation and Sensing, NanomaterialsPublications:
- R. Biswas and S. Baruah, Site Response Estimation by Nakamura Method: Shillong City, Northeast India, MEMOIR OF THE GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA, No. 77, 2011, ISBN: 978-81-907636-2-2, pp. 173-183
- R. Biswas, D. Bora, S. Baruah, A. Kalita
and S. Baruah, The Effects of Attenuation and Site on the Spectra of Microearthquakes in the Shillong Region of Northeast India,
Pure and Applied Geophysics, vol. 170, no. 11, pp. 1833–1848, 2013.
- R. Biswas, D. Bora and S. Baruah, Influence of attenuation and site on microearthquakes' spectra in Shillong region, of Northeast, India: A case study; Acta Geophysica, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 886–904, 2013.
- D. Bora, R. Biswas, and S. Baruah Estimation of source parameters of local earthquakes originated in Shillong-mikir plateau and its adjoining region of northeastern India, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 437–446, 2013
- R. Biswas, D. Bora and S. Baruah, Mapping Sediment Thickness in Shillong City of Northeast India through Empirical Relationship, Journal of Earthquakes, Volume 2015, Article ID 572619
- R. Biswas, S. Baruah and S. Baruah, A Brief overview of site response estimation techniques, Mistral Services , ISBN: 978-88-98161-25-6., 2014
- R. Biswas, Basics of Cognitive Radio: An appraisal., CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, 2016 [Book Chapter]
- R. Biswas, S. Baruah, Shear wave velocity estimates through combined use of two passive techniques of a tectonically active area, Acta Geophysica, 2016.
- R. Biswas, Non-Linear Earthquake Site Response Analysis: A case study in Shillong City, IJEHRM, 2016
- D. Paul, R. Biswas and N.S. Bhattacharya, Investigating photonic crystal fiber within E to L communication bandwith different material composites, Optik 126 (2015) 4640–4645.
- D. Paul, R. Biswas and N. S. Bhattacharyya, Modal parameter analysis for crown glass and phosphate glass photonic crystal fiber, Ind. J Phys (2015), 89(7):737–741
- R. Biswas, P. Deb and S. Das, Novel optoelectronic properties in barbed wire nanophotonic structures of indium telluride, Optical Materials 47 (2015) 586–588.
- Predicting different losses of photonic crystal fibers in material and hetero-core domain, D. Paul, R. Biswas and N. S. Bhattacharya, Optical Materials 48 (2015) 110–120.
- R. Biswas and P. Nath, Sensitivity analysis of two-fiber optic sensors, Indian J Phys (2014) 88(10):1105–1110.
- I. Hussain, P. Nath and R. Biswas, Liquid-level sensing based on periodic evanescent field absorption from a multimode optical fiber, Current Science (2014), vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 424–427.
- P. Nath and R. Biswas, All fiber-optic sensor for monitoring pressure fluctuations in ON/OFF state IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1148–1152, 2013
- B. Bora and R. Biswas, Digital IC tester with truth table, Electronics for you, 2016.
- D. Bora, R. Biswas, S. Brauah, Estimation of source parameters of local earthquakes originated in Shillong-mikir plateau and its adjoining region of northeastern India, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 437–446, 2013
- S. Baruah, S. Baruah, A. Kalita, R. Biswas, J.R. Kayal, Moment Magnitude (M W) and Local Magnitude (M L) Relationship for Earthquakes in Northeast India, Pure and Applied Geophysics, vol. 169, no. 11, pp. 1977–1988, 2012
- S. Baruah, R. Biswas, A. Kalita, S. Baruah, Moment magnitude - local magnitude relationship for the earthquakes of the Shillong-Mikir plateau, Northeastern India Region: a new perspective , Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 365–375, 2012.
- D. Bora, S. Baruah, R. Biswas, Moho Depth Variation In Shillong-Mikir Hills Plateau And Its Adjoining Region Of North-eastern India Estimated From Reflected and Converted Waves, Journal of Earthquake Science, (June) 2014.
Research Project:Ongoing:Type: MajorTitle: Ambient noise assisted microzonation of Tezpur Area and its neighboring regions, Assam, NER, India with simultaneous multi-channel analysis of shear waves
Completed:Type: MinorTitle: Investigating transmission characteristics of hetero-core spliced systems.