Publications in 2014
1. Kalita, D & Saikia, J & Mukherjee, AK & Doley R (2014) “An ethnomedicinal survey of traditionally used medicinal plants for the treatment of snakebite in Morigaon district of Assam, India”, International Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Association of India, Open Access Science Research Publisher, 4, 97-106.
2. Sharma, M & Gogoi, N & Dhananjaya, BL & Menon, JC & Doley, R (2014) “Geographical variation of Indian Russells viper venom and neutralization of its coagulopathy by polyvalent antivenom”, Toxicol. Toxin. Rev, Taylor & Francis Publication, 33, 253-65.
3. Brahma, RK & Dixit, V & Sangwan, AK & Doley, R (2014) “Identification and characterization of Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus and Haemaphysalisbispinosa ticks (Acari: Ixodidae) of North East India by ITS2 and 16S rDNA sequences and morphological analysis ”, Experimental and Applied Acarology ,Springer,62, 253-65.
4. Biswas, K & Roy, JK & Doley, R & Mohanta, D & Mukherjee, AK (2014) “ Imaging Bactericidal Effect of Faceted Ag Nanostructures (FAgN) on Gram Negative, Coli Form Escherichia coli Bacteria”, Bionanosci, American Scientific Publishers, 8, 248-54.
5. Lian, L & Suzuki, A & Hayes, V & Saha, S & Han, X & Xu, T & Yates, JR 3rd & Poncz, M & Kashina, A & Abrams, CS (2014) “Loss of ATE1-mediated arginylation leads to impaired plateletmyosin phosphorylation, clot retraction, and in vivo thrombosis formation”, Haematologica, 99, 554-560.
6. Ray, SK & Baruah, VJ & Satapathy, SS & Banerjee, R (2014) “Co-translational protein folding is revealing the selective use of synonymous codons along the coding sequence of a low expression gene”, Journal of Genetics, Springer, 93, 613–617.
7. Satapathy, SS & Powdel, BR & Dutta, M & Buragohain, AK & Ray, SK (2014) “Constraint on dinucleotides by codon usage bias in bacterial genomes”, Gene, Elsevier, 536, 18-28.
8. Satapathy, SS & Powdel, BR & Dutta, M & Buragohain, AK & Ray, SK (2014) “Selection on GGU and CGU codons in the high expression genes in bacteria”, Journal of Molecular Evolution, 78, 13-23.
9. Satapathy, SS & Ray, SK (2014) “Missed cites”, Current Science, 107, 1633-1634.
10. Pandey, A & Ray, SK & Sonti, R & Rajeshwari, R (2014) “gltB/D mutants of Xanthomonas oryzaepv.oryzae are virulence deficient”, Current Microbiology, 68, 105-112.
11. Gogoi, B & Chatterjee, P & Mukherjee, S & Buragohain, AK & Bhattacharya, S & Dasgupta, S.(2014) “A polyphenol rescues lipid induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle cells and adipocytes”, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Elsevier, 452, 382-388.
12. Borgohain, T & Gogoi, B & Buragohain, AK & Dasgupta, S (2014) “Protective and curative effect of Scoparia dulcis leave extract against free fatty acid induced insulin resistance in rat L6 myotubes”, American Journal of Phytomedicine and Clinical Therapeutics, TIba Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, 2, 842-854.
13. Aidew, L & Buragohain, AK (2014) “Antimicrobacterial and Antioxident activities of the fruit of Trapanatans L. var. Bispinosa reveal its therapeutic potential”,Am J PhytomedClinTher, Pubicon International Publications, 2, 1234-1245.
14. Barua, S & Chattopadhyay, P & Aidew, L & Buragohain, AK & Karak, N (2014) “Infection resistant implantable hyperbranched epoxy/ clay-silver nanocomposite”, Polymer International, Wiley, 64, 303–311.
15. Bhattacharya, K & Gogoi, B & Buragohain, AK & Deb, P (2014) “Fe2O3/C nanocomposites having distinctive antioxidant activity and hemolysis prevention activity”,Material Science and Engineering C, Elsevier, 42, 595-600.
16. Kalita, M & Gogoi, P & Barman, P & Sarma, B & Buragohain, AK & Kalita, RD (2014) “A new series of Ni(II), Cu(II), Co(II) and Pd(II) complexes with an ONS donor Schiff base: Synthesis, crystal structure, catalytic properties and bioactivities”, Polyhedron, Elsevier, 7, 93-98.
17. Upadhyaya, J & Kumar, A & Gogoi, B & Buragohain AK (2014) “Biocompatibility and antioxidant activity of polypyrrole nanotubes”, Synthetic Metals, Elsevier, 189, 119-125.
18. Barua, S & Dutta, N & Karmakar, S & Chattopadhyay, P & Aidew, L & Buragohain, AK & Karak, N (2014) “Biocompatible high performance hyperbranched epoxy/clay nanocomposite as an implantable material”, Biomed, Mater IOP Science, 9, 1-14.
19. Barua, S. & Thakur, S. & Aidew, L. & Buragohain, A.K. & Chattopadhyay, P & Karak,N.c (2014) “One step preparation of a biocompatible,antimicrobial reduced graphene oxide–silver nanohybrid as a topical antimicrobial agent”, RSC Adv, RCS Publishing, 4, 9777-9783.
20. Saikia N & Jha, A N & Deka, R.Cc (2014) “Molecular dynamics study on graphene-mediated pyrazinamide drug delivery onto the pncA protein”, RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry, 4, 24944-24954.
21. Gupta, K & Barua, S & Hazarika, SN & Manhar, AK & Nath, D & Karak, N & Namsa, ND, & Mukhopadhyay, R & Kalia VC, & Mandal, MC (2014) “Green silver Nanoparticles: Enhanced Antimicrobial and Antibiofilm Activity with Effect on DNA Replication and Cell Cytotoxicity”, RSC Advance, 4, 52845-52855.
22. Hang, S. & Purdy, A.E. & Robins, W.P. & Wang, Z. & Mandal, M. & Chang, S. & Mekalanos, J.J. & WatnicC (2014) “The acetate switch of an intestinal pathogen disrupts host insulin signaling and lipid metabolism”, Cell Host and Microbe, Cell Press, 16.
23. Das Purkayastha M &,Manhar A.K & Mandal, M &MahantaC, C. L. (2014) “Industrial Waste-Derived Nanoparticles and Microspheres Can Be Potent Antimicrobial and Functional Ingredients”, Journal of Applied Chemistry, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 12.
24. Gupta, K. & Hazarika, S.N. & Saikia, D. & Namsa, N.D. & MandalC, M. (2014) “One step green synthesis and anti-microbial and anti-biofilm properties of Psidiumguajava L. leaf extract-mediated silver nanoparticles”, Materials Letters, North-Holland, 125, 67-70.
25. Das Purkayastha, M. & Manhar, A.K. & Das, V.K. & Thakur, A.J. & MahantaC, C.L (2014) “Antioxidative, Hemocompatible, Fluorescent Carbon Nanodots from an “End-of-Pipe” Agricultural Waste: Exploring Its New Horizon in the Food-Packaging Domain”, Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, ACS publication, 62, 4509-4520.
26. Hazarika, A.& Mandal, M. & MajiC, T.K (2014) “Dynamic mechanical analysis, biodegradability and thermal stability of wood polymer nanocomposites”, Composites Part B: Engineering, Elsevier,60, 568-576.
27. Konwarh, R. & Shail, M. & Medhi, T. & Mandal, M. & KarakC, N. (2014) “Sonication assisted assemblage of exotic polymer supported nanostructured bio-hybrid system and prospective application”, Ultrasonicssonochemistry, Elsevier, 21, 634-642.
28. Qureshi, A. & Itankar, Y. &,Ojha, R & Mandal, M, & Khardenavis, A (2014) “Genome sequence of Lactobacillus plantarum EGD-AQ4, isolated from fermented product of Northeast India”, Genome announcements, American Society for Microbiology, 2.
29. Boruah, M.& Gogoi, P.& Manhar, A.K.& Khannam,M & Mandal, M.& Dolui, S.K (2014) “Biocompatible carboxymethylcellulose-g-poly (acrylic acid)/OMMT nanocomposite hydrogel for in vitro release of vitamin B 12”, RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry, 4, 43865-43873
30. Iman, M & Manhar, AK & Mandal, M & Maji,TK (2014) “Preparation and characterization of zinc oxide and nanoclay reinforced crosslinked starch/jute green nanocomposites”, RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry, 4, 33826-33839.
31. Das, B & Chattopadhyay, P & Upadhyay, Gupta, A K & Mandal, M & Karak N (2014) “Biophysico-chemical interfacial attributes of Fe 3 O 4 decorated MWCNT nanohybrid/bio-based hyperbranched polyurethane nanocomposite: an antibacterial wound healing material with controlled drug release potential”, New Journal of Chemistry, Royal Society of Chemistry, 38, 4300-4311.
32. Mandal, T & Satish Kumar, MV & Maiti, PK (2014) “DNA assisted self-assembly of PAMAM dendrimers”, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, ACS Publications,118.
33. Meher, BR & Satish Kumar, MV & Bandyopadhyay, P (2014) “Inter-chain hydrophobic clustering promotes rigidity in HIV-1 protease flap dynamics: New insights from Molecular Dynamics”, Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics, 32, 899-915.
34. Thakur, R & Kumar, A & Bose, B & Panda, D & Saikia, D & Chattopadhyay, P & Mukherjee AKC (2014) “A new peptide (Ruviprase) purified from the venom of Daboia russelii russelii shows potent anticoagulant activity via non-enzymatic inhibition of thrombin and factor Xa”, Biochimie, Elsevier, 105, 149-158.
35. Mukherjee, AKC & Mackessy, S P (2014) “Pharmacological properties and pathophysiological significance of a Kunitz-type protease inhibitor (Rusvikunin-II) and its protein complex (Rusvikunin complex) purified from Daboia russelii russelii venom”, Toxicon, Elsevier, 89, 55-66.
36. Mukherjee, AKC & Dutta, S & Mackessy, SP (2014) “A new C-type lectin (RVsnaclec) purified from venom of Daboia russelii russelii shows anticoagulant activity via inhibition of FXa and concentration-dependent differential response to platelets in a Ca2+-independent manner”, Thrombosis Research, Elsevier, 134, 1150-1156.
37. Mukherjee, AKC & Kalita, B & Thakur, R(2014) “Two acidic, anticoagulant PLA2 isoenzymes purified from the venom of monocled cobra Naja kaouthia exhibit different potency to inhibit thrombin and factor Xa via phospholipids independent, non-enzymatic mechanism, PLoS One, Public Library of Science (PLOS), 9.
38. Majumdar, S & Sarmah, B & Gogoi, D & Banerjee, S & Ghosh, SS & Banerjee, S & Chattopadhyay, P & Mukherjee, AKC (2014) “Characterization, mechanism of anticoagulant action, and assessment of therapeutic potential of a fibrinolytic serine protease (Brevithrombolase) purified from Brevibacillus brevis strain FF02B”, Biochimie, Elsevier, 103, 50-60.
39. Mukherjee, AKC & Mackessy, SP & Dutta, S (2014) “Characterization of a Kunitz-type protease inhibitor peptide (Rusvikunin) purified from Daboia russelii russelii venom”, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Elsevier, 67, 154-162.
40. Mukherjee, AKC (2014) “A major phospholipase A2 from Daboia russelli russelii venom shows potent anticoagulant action via thrombin inhibition and binding with plasma phospholipids”, Biochimie, Elsevier, 99, 153-161.
41. Bordoloi, NK & Rai, SK & Chaudhuri, MKC & Mukherjee, AKC (2014) “Deep-desulfurization of dibenzothiophene and its derivatives present in diesel oil by a newly isolated bacterium Achromobacter sp. to reduce the environmental pollution from fossil fuel combustion”, Fuel Processing Technology, Elsevier, 119, 236-244.
42. Mukherjee, AKC (2014) “The pro-coagulant fibrinogenolytic serine protease isoenzymes from Daboia russelii russelii venom coagulate the blood through factor V activation: Role of glycosylation on enzymatic activity”, PLoS One, Public Library of Science (PLOS), 9.
43. Mukherjee, AKC & Chatterjee, S & Majumdar, S & Saikia, D & Thakur, R & Chatterjee, A (2014) “Characterization of a pro-angiogenic, novel peptide from Russell’s viper (Daboia russelii russelii) venom”, Toxicon, Elsevier, 77, 26-31.
44. Konwarh,RC &Shail,M &Medhi,T &Mandal,M &Karak,N (2014) “Sonication assisted assemblage of exotic polymer supported nanostructured bio-hybrid system and prospective application”, UltrasonicsSonochemistry, Elsevier, 21, 634-642.
45. Ghosh, N & Ghosh, R & Bhat, ZA & Mandal, V & Bachar, SC & Namsa, ND & Sunday, OO & Mandal, SC (2014) “Advances in herbal medicine for treatment of Ischemic brain injury”, Natural Product Communications, Natural Product, Inc. Westerville, USA, 9, 1045-1055.
46. Kalita, E & Nath, BK & Agan, F & More, V & Deb, P (2014) “Isolation and characterization of crystalline, autofluorescent, cellulose nanocrystals from saw dust wastes”, Industrial Crops and Products, 65, 550-555.
47. Saikia, K & Deb, P & Mondal, B & Kalita, E (2014) “Significant improvement in dopant emission and lifetime in water soluble Cu: ZnSe/ZnS nanocrystals”, Materials Research Express, 1.
48. Ray, SK & Kalita, E (2014) “Impact of M Sc Biotechnology programme supported by DBT on research and teaching of modern biology in India”, Current Science, 107, 938-939.
49. Mahanta, A & Kakati, S & Baruah, S (2014) “The association of IL8-251-T/A polymorph ism in complicated malaria in Karbi Anglong District of Assam”, Cytokine, Elsevier, 65, 21-216.
50. Mahanta, A & Kar, SK & Kakati, S & Baruah, S (2014) “Hightened inflammation in severe malaria is associated with decreased IL10 expression levels and neutrophils”, Innate Immunity, Karger, 21, 546-52.
51. Dutta, A & Saikia, N & Phookan, J & Baruah, MN & Baruah, S (2014) “Association of killer immunoglobulin like receptor gene 2DL1 and its HLA-C2 ligand with family history of cancer in oral squamous cell carcinoma”, Immunogenetics, Springer, 66, 439-448.
52. Banik, N & Ramteke, A & Maji, TK (2014) “Carboxymethyl chitosan-Montmorillonite Nanoparticles for Controlled Delivery of Isoniazid: Evaluation of the Effect of the Glutaraldehyde and Montmorillonite”, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, 25, 1580-1589.
53. Saikia, C & Hussain, A & Ramteke, A & Sharma, HK & Maji, TK (2014) “Carboxymethyl starch-Chitosan coated iron oxide magnetic nanoparticles for controlled delivery of isoniazid”, Journal of Microencapsulation.
54. Saikia, C & Hussain, A & Ramteke, A & Sharma, HK & Maji, TK (2014) “Crosslinked Thiolated Starch (TS) coated Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles: Effect of MMT and crosslinking density on controlled drug delivery properties”, Starch, 45.
55. Sarma, R & Das, Q & Hussain, A & Ramtake, A & Mohanta, D & Choudhury, AJ (2014) “Physical and biophysical assessment of highly fluorescent, magnetic quantum dots of wurtzite-phase manganese selenide system”, Nanotechnology, 25.
56. Deep, G & Jain, AK & Ramteke, A & Ting, H & Vijendra, K CD & Gangar, SC & Agarwal, C & Agarwal, R (2014) “SNAI1 is critical for the aggressiveness of prostate cancer cells with low E-cadherin”, Molecular Cancer, 13.