Publications in 2013
1. Das, D & NanjarajUrs, N & Hiremath, V & Sannanaik, B Vishwanath & Doley, R (2013) “Biochemical and Biological Characterization of Naja kaouthia venom from North-East India and its Neutralization by Polyvalent antivenom”, Journal of Venom Research, Springer, 4, 31-8.
2. Barman, A & Kumar, P & Kumar, V & Doley, R & Ray, SK (2013) “Heat shock at 37°C with plasmid ligated at 37°C yields more number of Escherichia coli transformants than plasmid ligated at 16°C: a possible role of ligated plasmid conformation during heat shock”, Current Science, Current Science Association, 104.
3. Kumar, R & Barman, A & Jha G & Ray, SK (2013) “Identification and establishment of genomic identity of Ralstonia solanacearum isolated from a wilted chilli plant at Tezpur, North East India”, Current Science, 105, 1571-1578.
4. Khanppnavar, B & Baruah, S & Ray, SK (2013) “TALE: an emerging tool for genome editing and genetic engineering”, Current Science, 104, 576-578.
5. Bharali, P & Saikia, JP & Paul, S & Konwar, BK (2013) “Colloidal silver nanoparticles/rhamnolipid (SNPRL) composite as novel chemotactic antibacterial agent”, International journal of biological macromolecules, Elsevier, 61, 238-242.
6. Singh, S & Saikia, JP & Buragohain, AK (2013) “A novel reusable PAni-PVA-Amylase film: Activity and analysis”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 106, 46-50.
7. Saikia, JP & Bharali, P & Konwar, BK (2013) “Possible protection of silver nanoparticles against salt by using rhamnolipid”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 104, 330-332.
8. Bharali, P & Saikia, JP & Ray, A & Konwar, BK (2013) “Rhamnolipid (RL) from Pseudomonas aeruginosa OBP1: A novel chemotaxis and antibacterial agent”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 103, 502-509.
9. Saikia, JP (2013) “Hair waving natural product: Dillenia indica seed sap”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 102, 905-907.
10. Saikia, JP & Konwarh, R & Konwar, BK & Karak, N (2013) “Isolation and immobilization of Aroid polyphenol on magnetic nanoparticles: Enhancement of potency on surface immobilization”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 102, 450-456.
11. Gogoi, K & Saikia, JP & Konwar, BK (2013) “Immobilizing silver nanoparticles (SNP) on Musa balbisiana cellulose”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 102, 136-138.
12. Singh, S & Saikia, JP & Buragohain, AK (2013) “A novel ‘green’synthesis of colloidal silver nanoparticles (SNP) using Dillenia indica fruit extract”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 102, 83-85.
13. Ponnam, SP & Ramesha, K & Matalia, J & Tejwani, S & Ramamurthy, B & Kannabiran, C (2013) “Mutational screening of Indian families with hereditary congenital cataract”, Molecular Vision, 19, 1141-8.
14. Gurung, L & Tanti, B & Buragohain, AK & Boorah, SP (2013) “Freshwater diatom diversity in DeeporBeel- a Ramsarsite”, J. Res. Plant. Sci, Science and Education Publishing, 2, 182-191.
15. Barua, S & Das, G & Aidew, L & Buragohain, AK & Karak, N (2013) “Copper/copper oxide coated nanofibrillar cellulose-a promising biomaterial”, RSC Adv., RSC Publishing, 3, 14997-004.
16. Buragohain, AK & Tanti, B & Sarma, HK & Barman, P & Das, K (2013) “Characterization of yeast starter cultures used in household alcoholic beverage preparation by a few ethnic communities of Northeast India”, Annals of Microbiology, Springer, 63, 863-869.
17. Tanti, B & Buragohain, AK (2013) “Biodegradation of Petroleum Tar by Pseudomonas spp. from Oil Field of Assam, India”, Bioremediation Journal, Taylor and Francis, 17, 107-112.
18. Das, G & Kalita, RD & Buragohain, AK & Karak, N (2013) “Biodegradation, cytocompatibility and performance studies of vegetable oil based hyperbranched polyurethane modified biocompatible sulfonated epoxy resin/clay nanocomposites”, Progress in Organic Coatings, Elsevier, 76, 1103-1111.
19. Upadhyay, J & Gogoi, B & Kumar, A & Buragohain, AK “Diameter dependent antioxident property of polypyrrole nanotubes for biomedical applications”, Materials Letters, Elsevier, 102, 33-35.
20. Shekhar, S & Agrawal, L & Buragohain, AK & Datta, A & Chakraborty, S & Chakraborty, N (2013) “Genotype Independent Regeneration and Agrobacterium‐mediated Genetic Transformation of Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatasL.)”, Plant Tissue Cult. & Biotech., 23, 87‐100.
21. Kalita, RD & Nath, Y & Emeje, M & Buragohain, AK (2013) “Extraction and Characterization of Microcrystalline Cellulose from fodder grass; Setariaglauca (L) P. Beauv, and its potential as a drug delivery vehicle for isoniazid, a first line antituberculosis drug”, Collids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 108, 85-89.
22. Roy, S & Barua, S & Buragohain, AK & Ahmed, GA (2013) “Study of ZnO nanoparticle: Antibacterial property and light depolarization property using light scattering tool”, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, Elsevier, 118, 8-13.
23. Pramanik, S & Konwarh, R & Deka, RC & Aidew, L & Barua, N & Buragohain, AK & Mohanta, D & Karak, N (2013) “Microwave-assisted poly(glycidyl methacrylate)-3 functionalized multiwall carbon nanotubes 4 with a tendrillarnanofibrouspolyaniline wrapping and their interaction at bio-interface”, Carbon, Elsevier, 55, 34-43.
24. Saikia, N & Jha, AN & Deka, RC (2013) “Dynamics of Fullerene-Mediated Heat-Driven Release of Drug Molecules from Carbon Nanotubes”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, ACS Publications, 4, 4126−4132.
25. Saikia, N & Jha, AN & Deka, RC (2013) “Interaction of pyrazinamide drug functionalized carbon and boron nitride nanotubes with pncA protein: a molecular dynamics and density functional approach”, RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry, 3, 15102-15107.
26. Mukhopadhyay, R (2013) “Mouse Models of Atherosclerosis: Critical Roles of Lipid Metabolism and Inflammation”, J. Appl. Genetics, 54, 185-192.
27. Mundkur, L & Mukhopadhyay, R & Deshpande, V & Samson, S & Tarate, S & Varma, M & Shivaprasad, S & Lu, X & Kakkar, VV (2013) “Comparison of Oral tolerance to ApoB and HSP60 Peptides in preventing atherosclerosis lesion formation in Apobtm2SgyLdlrtm1Her/J Mice”, Journal of Vaccines, 1-13.
28. Mundkur, L & Mukhopadhyay, R & Samson, S & Varma, M & Kale, D & Chen, D & Sneha, TS & Sivanandan, H & Soman, V & Lu, X & Kakkar, VV (2013) “Mucosal Tolerance to a Combination of ApoB and HSP60 Peptides Controls Plaque Progression and Stabilizes Vulnerable Plaque in Apobtm2SgyLdlrtm1Her/J Mice”, PLoS One, 8.
29. De, B & Gupta, K & Mandal, M & Karak, N (2013) “Biodegradable hyperbranched epoxy from castor oil-based hyperbranched polyester polyol”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, ACS Publication, 2, 445-453.
30. Das Purkayastha, M & Manhar, AK & Deka, D & Mandal, M & Mahanta, CL (2013) “Removing antinutrients from rapeseed press-cake and their benevolent role in waste cooking oil-derived biodiesel: conjoining the valorization of two disparate industrial wastes”, Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, American Chemical Society, 61, 10746-10756.
31. Arifullah, M & Namsa, ND & Mandal, M & Chiruvella, Vikrama KK P & Gopal, GR (2013) “Evaluation of anti–bacterial and anti–oxidant potential of andrographolide and echiodinin isolated from callus culture of AndrographispaniculataNees”, Asian Pacific journal of tropical biomedicine, Elsevier, 3, 604-610.
32. Barua, S & Konwarh, R & Bhattacharya, SS & Das, P Devi & KSPMaiti, TK & Mandal, M & Karak, N (2013) “Non-hazardous anticancerous and antibacterial colloidal ‘green’silver nanoparticles”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, 105, 37-42.
33. Barua, S & Konwarh, R & Mandal, M & Gopalakrishnan, R & Kumar, D & Karak, N (2013) “Biomimetically prepared antibacterial, free radical scavenging poly (ethylene glycol) supported silver nanoparticles as Aedesalbopictuslarvicide”, Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine, 5, 291-298.
34. Das, B & Konwar, U & Mandal, M & Karak, N (2013) “Sunflower oil based biodegradable hyperbranched polyurethane as a thin film material”, Industrial Crops and Products, Elsevier, 44, 396-404.
35. Das, B & Chattopadhyay, P & Mandal, M & Voit, B & Karak, N (2013) “Bio‐based Biodegradable and Biocompatible Hyperbranched Polyurethane: A Scaffold for Tissue Engineering”, Macromolecular bioscience, Wiley, 13, 126-139.
36. Saikia, D & Majumdar & Mukherjee, AK (2013) “Mechanism of in vivo anticoagulant and haemolytic activity by a neutral phospholipase A2 purified from Daboia russelii russelii venom: Correlation with clinical manifestations in Russell’s Viper envenomed patients”, Toxicon, Elsevier, 76, 291-300.
37. Mukherjee, AK & Mackessy, SP (2013) “Biochemical and pharmacological properties of a new thrombin-like serine protease (Russelobin) from the venom of Russell’s Viper (Daboia russelii russelii) and assessment of its therapeutic potential”, Bichimica et Biophysica Acta –General Subjects, Elsevier, 1830, 3476-3488.
38. Roy, JK & Mukherjee, AK (2013) “Applications of a high maltose forming, thermo-stable α- amylase from an extremely alkalophilic Bacillus licheniformis strain AS08E in food and Laundry detergent industries”, Biochemical Engineering Journal, Elsevier, 77, 220-230.
39. Roy, JK & Borah, A & Mahanta, CL & Mukherjee, AK (2013) “Cloning and overexpression of raw starch digesting α-amylase gene from Bacillus subtilis strain AS01a in Escherichia coli and application of the purified recombinant α-amylase (AmyBS-I) in raw starch digestion and baking industry”, Molecular. Catalysis B: Enzymatic, Elsevier, 97, 118-129.
40. Das, S & Thakur, AJ & Medhi, T & Das, B (2013) “An efficient stereo-controlled synthesis of bis-pyrimido-[4, 5-d]-pyrimidine derivatives via aza-Diels-Alder methodology and their preliminary bioactivity”, RSC Advances, RSC Publishing, 3, 3407-3413.
41. Arifullah, M & Namsa, ND & Mandal, M & Chiruvella, KK & Vikrama, P & Gopal, GR (2013) “Evaluation of anti–bacterial and anti–oxidant potential of andrographolide and echiodinin isolated from callus culture of Andrographis paniculata Nees”, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, Elsevier, 3, 604-610.
42. Saikia, K & Deb, P & Kalita, E (2013) “Sensitive fluorescence response of ZnSe (S) quantum dots: an efficient fluorescence probe”, Physica Scripta, 87.
43. Saikia, K & Deb, P & Kalita, E (2013) “Facile synthesis of highly luminescent ZnSe (S) alloyed quantum dot for biomedical imaging”, Current Applied Physics, 13, 925-930.
44. Sawian, CE & Lourembam & Banerjee, A & Baruah, S (2013) “Polymorphism and expression of TLR4 and 9 in malaria in two ethnic populations of Assam, Northeast India”, Innate Immunity, Karger, 19, 174-183.
45. Lourembam, SD & Sawian & Baruah, S (2013) “Dysregulation of cytokines expression in complicated falciparum malaria with increase TGF-β and IFN-γ decreased IL-2 and IL-12”, Cytokine, Elsevier, 64, 503-508.
46. Dutta, A & Lourembam, SD & Pradhan, S & Baruah, S (2013) “KIR Diversity in three ethnic populations of Assam, Northeast-India”, Tissue Antigens, John Wiley, 82, 48-52.
47. Ramteke, A & Ting, H & Agarwal, C & Mateen, S & Somasagaral, R & Hussain, A & Graner, M & Frederick, B & Agarwal, R & Deep, G (2013) “Exosomes Secreted under Hypoxia Enhance Invasiveness and Stemness of Prostate Cancer Cells by Targeting Adherens Junction Molecules”, Molecular Carcinogenesis.
48. Banik, N & Iman, M & Hussain, A & Ramteke, A & Boruah, R & Maji, TK (2013) “Soy flour Nanoparticles for Controlled Drug Delivery: Effect of Crosslinker and Montmorillonite (MMT)”, New Journal of Chemistry, 37, 3981-3990.
49. Singh, SP & Gogoi, B & Ramteke, A & Konwar, BK (2013) “Homology modelling and molecular docking studies of nitric oxide synthase (inducible) of Gallus gallus”, Journal of Pharmacy Research, 7, 443-447.
50. Hussain, A & Zaman, MK & Ramteke, A (2013) “Preliminary Phytochemical Screening and Proximate Analysis of the trunk bark of Alstonia scholaris (L.) R.Br.”, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 1, 14-18.
51. Hussain, A & Gogoi, B & Ramteke, A (2013) “Protective effects of Alstonia scholaris (L.) R.Br. Bark Extract against oxidative stress induced by Hydrogen Peroxide”, Pharmacognosy Communication, 3, 16-20.