Publications in 2012
1. Saha, S & Wang, J & Buckley, B &Wang, Q & Lilly, B & Chernov, M & Kashina, A (2012) “Small molecule inhibitors of arginyltransferase regulate arginylation-dependent protein degradation, cell motility, and angiogenesis”, Biochemical Pharmacology, Elsevier, 83, 866-873.
2. Zhang, F & Saha, S & Kashina, A (2012) “Arginylation-dependent regulation of a proteolytic product of talin is essential for cell-cell adhesion”, The Journal of Cell Biology, The Rockefeller University Press, 197, 819-836.
3. Kurosaka, S & Leu, NA & Pavlov, I & Han, X & Ribeiro, PA & Xu, T & Bunte, R & Saha, S & Wang, J & Cornachione, A & Mai, W& Yates, JR 3rd & Rassier, DE & Kashina, A (2012) “Arginylation regulates myofibrils to maintain heart function and prevent dilated cardiomyopathy”, Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, Elsevier, 53, 333-341.
4. Satapathy, SS & Dutta, M & Buragohain, AK & Ray, SK (2012) “Transfer RNA gene numbers may not be completely responsible for the codon usage bias in asparagine, isoleucine, phenylalanine, and tyrosine in the high expression genes in bacteria, Journal of Molecular Evolution, 75, 34-42.
5. Pal, D & Dasgupta, S & Kundu, R, Maitra, S, Das, G, Mukhopadhyay, S, Ray, S, Majumder, SS &Bhattacharya, S (2012) “Fetuin-A acts as an endogenous ligand of TLR4 to promote lipid-induced insulin resistance.”, Nature Medicine, 18,1279-1285.
6. Seal, S & Chatterjee, P & Bhattacharya, S & Pal, D & Dasgupta, S & Kundu, R & Mukherjee, S & Bhattacharya, S & Bhuyan, M & Bhattacharyya, PR & Baishya, G & Barua, NC & Baruah, PK & Rao, PG & Bhattacharya, S (2012) “Vapor of volatile oils from Litsea cubeba seed induces apoptosis and causes cell cycle arrest in lung cancer cells.”, PLOS ONE, 7.
7. Saikia ,JP & Konwar, BK (2012) “Physicochemical Properties of Starch from Aroids of North East India”, International Journal of Food Properties, Taylor & Francis Group, 15,1247-1261
8. Phukon, P & Saikia, JP & Konwar, BK(2012) “Bio-plastic (P-3HB-co-3HV) from Bacillus circulans (MTCC 8167) and its biodegradation”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier,92, 30-34
9. Somaraju Chalasani, ML, Muppirala, M, G Ponnam, SP, Kannabiran, C & Swarup, G, (2012) “A cataract-causing connexin 50 mutant is mislocalized to the ER due to loss of the fourth transmembrane domain and cytoplasmic domain”, FEBS Open Bio, Elsevier, 3,22-29.
10. Emeje, M. & Kalita, R & Isimi, C &Buragohain, A & Kunle, O. & Ofoefule, S (2012). “Synthesis, physicochemical characterization, and functional properties of an esterified starch from an underutilized source in Nigeria”, African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development, African Scholarly Science Communications Trust, 12.
11. Barua, N. & Sarmah, P.& Hussain, I. & Deka, R.C. & Buragohain, A.K. (2012) “DFT-based QSAR Models to Predict the Antimycobacterial Activity of Chalcones”, Chemical Biology & DrugDesign, Wiley Blackwell,79, 553-559.
12. Tanti, B. & Ray, S.K., &Buragohain, A.K (2012). “Differentiation of petroleum hydrocarbon degrading Pseudomonas spp. based on PCR-RFLP of the 16S-23S rDNAintergenic spacer region”, Folia Microbiologica, Springer, 57, 47-52.
13. Goswami, B. & Choudhury, A. & Buragohain, A.K. (2012) “Luminescence properties of a nanoporous freshwater diatom”, Luminescence,Wiley Blackwell, 27, 16-19.
14. Yao, P & Potdar, AA & Arif, A & Ray, PS & Mukhopadhyay, R & Willard, B & Xu, Y & Yan & Saidel, GM, & Fox, PL (2012) “Coding Region Polyadenylation Generates a Truncated tRNA Synthetase that Counters Translational Repression”, Cell, 149, 88-100.
15. Purkayastha, MD & Kalita, D & Mahnot, NK & Mahanta, CL & Mandal,M & Chaudhuri,M. K (2012) “Effect of l-ascorbic acid addition on the quality attributes of micro-filtered coconut water stored at 4° C” Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, Elsevier,16,69-79.
16. Kalita, H & Mandal, M & Karak,N (2012) “Biodegradable solvent-induced shape-memory hyperbranched polyurethane”, Journal of Polymer Research, Springer Netherlands, 19, 1-8.
17. Deka, BK & Mandal, M & Maji,TK (2012) “Effect of nanoparticles on flammability, UV resistance, biodegradability, and chemical resistance of wood polymer nanocomposite”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, ACS Publication, 51, 11881-11891.
18. Konwar, U & Karak, N & Mandal,M (2012) “Vegetable Oil Based Highly Branched Polyester/Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Nanocomposites as Advanced Materials”, Advanced Science Letters, 16, 265-273
19. Deka, BK & Mandal, M & Maji,TK (2012) “Plant fibre reinforced polymer blend/clay nanocomposite”, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites ,SAGE Publications, 31, 657-669.
20. Devi, RR & Mandal, M & Maji, TK (2012) “Physical properties of simul (red-silk cotton) wood (Bombaxceiba L.) chemically modified with styrene acrylonitrile co-polymer and nanoclay”, Holzforschung,De Gruyte, 66, 365-371.
21. Meher, BR & Satish Kumar, MV & Sharma, S & Bandhyopadhyay, P (2012) “Conformational dynamics of HIV-1 Protease: A comparative molecular dynamics simulation study with multiple AMBER force fields”, Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte Ltd.10.
22. Maingi,V & Satish Kumar,MV & Maiti,PK (2012) “PAMAM Dendrimer-Drug Interactions: Effect of pH on the Binding and Release Pattern”, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, ACS Publications, 16, 4370-4376.
23. Satish Kumar,MV & Maiti, PK (2012) “Structure of DNA functionalized Dendrimer Nanoparticles, Soft Matter, RSC, 8, 1893-1900.
24. Yata, VK & Sen,K & Satish Kumar,MV & Ghosh,SS (2012) “Interaction studies of E.coli Uracil Phosphoribosyltransferase with 5-fluoro uracil for potent anti-cancer activity”, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry Research, Springer, 21, 1149-1155.
25. Saikia, D & Bordoloi, NK & Chattopadhyay, P & Chocklingam, S & Ghosh, SS & Mukherjee, AK (2012) “Differential mode of attack on membrane phospholipids by an acidic phospholipase A2 (RVVA-PLA2-I) from Daboia russelli venom”, Bichimica et Biophysica Acta –Biomembrane, Elsevier, 12, 3149-3157.
26. Mukherjee, AK & Mackessy, SP (2012) “Russelobin, a non-toxic thrombin-like serine protease from the venom of Russell’s viper (Daboia russelli russelli): Possible applications in cardiovascular drug development”, Toxcion, Elsevier, 60, 109-110.
27. Nair, RG & Roy, JK & Samdarshi, SK & Mukherjee, AK (2012) “Mixed phase V doped titania shows high photoactivity for disinfection of Escherichia coli and detoxification of phenol”, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Elsevier, 105, 103-108.
28. Mukherjee, AK & Bordoloi, NK (2012) “Biodegradation of benzene, toluene and xylene (BTX) in liquid culture and in soil by Bacillus subtilis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains and a formulated bacterial consortium”, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Springer, 19, 3380–3388.
29. Mukherjee, AK (2012) “Green medicine as a harmonizing tool to antivenom therapy for the clinical management of snakebite: the road ahead”, Indian Journal of Medical Research, Indian Council of Medical Research, 136, 10-12.
30. Mukherjee, AK & Rai, SK & Thakur, R & Chattopadhyay, P & Kar S (2012) “Bafibrinase: A non-toxic, non-hemorrhagic, direct-acting fibrinolytic serine protease from Bacillus sp. strain AS- S20-I exhibits in vivo anticoagulant activity and thrombolytic potency”, Biochimie, Elsevier, 209, 434-442.
31. Das, G & Bordoloi, NK & Rai, SK & Mukherjee, AK & Karak, N (2012) “Biodegradable and biocompatible epoxidized vegetable oil modified thermostable poly(vinyl chloride):Thermal and performance characteristics post biodegradation with Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Achromobacter sp.”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Elsevier, 94, 1300-1308.
32. Das, G & Roy, JK & Mukherjee, AK & Karak, N (2012) “Mesua ferrea L. seed oil modified sulfone epoxy resin and multi-walled carbon nanotubenanocomposites and their biomedical and mechanical properties”, Advanced Science Letters, American Scientific Publishers, 6, 237-245.
33. Roy, JK & Rai, SK & Mukherjee, AK (2012) “Characterization and application of a detergent-stable α-amylase from Bacillus subtilis AS‑S01a”, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Elsevier, 50, 219-229.
34. Medhi,T & Kar, S & Goswami.P (2012) “Some properties of n-alkane monooxygenase from extracts of Cladosporiumrasinae.”, Journal: International Journal of Applied and Natural Science, 1, 59-67.
35. Tag, H & Kalita, P & Dwivedi, P & Das, AK & Namsa, ND (2012) “Herbal medicines used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus in Arunachal Himalaya, northeast, India.”, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Elsevier, 141, 786-795.
36. Sumpam, T & ND,Namsa (2012) “Opium threat in the Eastern Himalayan zone of Arunachal Pradesh, North-east India.”, Current Science, Indian Academy of Sciences, 102, 957-958.
37. Jha, DK & Deb, P & Kalita, E & Shameem, M, & Patel, AB (2012) “Synthesis and characterization of iron-rich FexPt1− x ferrofluid for magnetic resonance imaging”, Physica Scripta, 85.
38. Kalita, E & Deb, P (2012) “Surface engineered biocompatible super paramagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPIONS) as stable, colloidal dispersions for magnetic imaging applications”, Journal of Assam Science Society, 53, 8-10.
39. Lourembam, SD & Baruah, S (2012) “Antibody response to allelic variants of 19kDa fragment of MSP 1: recognition of a variant and protection associated with ethnicity of Assam, India”, Vaccine, Elsevier, 30, 767-773.
40. Banik, N & Hussain, A & Ramteke, A & Sharma, H & Maji, TK (2012) “Preparation and evaluation of the effect of particle size on the properties of Chitosan-Montmorillonite nanoparticle loaded with Isoniazid”, RSC Advances, 2, 10519-10528.
41. Hussain, A & Ramteke, A (2012) “Flower Extract of Nyctanthes arbortristis Modulates the Glutathione level in Hydrogen Peroxide treated lymphocytes”, Pharmacognosy Research, 4, 230-233.
42. Hussain, A & Saikia, V & Ramteke, A (2012) “Nitric Oxide and Modulatory Effects of the Root extract of Phlogacanthus tubiflorus against Oxidative Stress induced by Hydrogen Peroxide”, Free Radical and Antioxidant, 2, 8-11.
43. Ramteke, A & Hussain, A & Kaundal, S & Kumar, G, (2012) “Oxidative Stress and Modulatory effects of the root extract of Phlogacanthus tubiflorus on the activity of Glutathione-S-Transferase in Hydrogen Peroxide treated Lymphocyte”, Journal of Stress Physiology & Biochemistry, 8, 5-15.