Dr. Manuj Kumar Hazarika
Associate Professor & Head
Dept. of Food Engineering & Technology,
Contact no.: 03712-267007/8/9 (Extn. 5701/6)
E-mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
* Technology development for fruits and vegetables products, Sponsored by KVIC Mumbai.
* Drying characteristics of foods during thin layer and deep bed drying, PhD work.
* Guided 10 B. Tech. Processes in different areas of food processing and preservation
Areas of interest:
Food process modeling, product technology development, Transport Processes in Food Engineering, Refrigeration in Food Preservation, Dairy Engineering.
Recipient of University Gold Medal, JNKVV (1993), recipient of National Scholarship, NEC Scholarship, GATE Schoarship.
Organized a Workshop on "Agricultural Engineering Inputs
for Development of the NE Region" at the Department of Agricultural
Attended and Presented papers in:
Conference on Emerging Technologies
in Agricultural Engineering, held at
Conference of Research Scholars &
Young Scientists in Chemical Engineering, CRSYS-2004,
and Symposiym in Industrial Drying (IWSID) 2004,
Development of technology for quick cooking rice production through up gradation of a traditional method. 3 years duration. Funded by AICTE. 16.50 Lakhs sanctioned.
Development and fabrication of small capacity paddy parboiling system with process completion indicator (2 years). Funded by MSME. 5.50 Lakhs sanctioned.
1. Faisal, S., Chakraborty, S., Devi,W.E.,Hazarika, M.K. and
Puranik, V.Sensory evaluation of
probiotic whey beverages formulated from orange powder and flavor using
fuzzy logic. International Food Research Journal. 2016 (Accepted).
2. Aasima Rafiq, Juri Chowdhary, M.K Hazarika, Hilal Ahmad Makroo. Artificial Neural Network‐Based Image Analysis for Evaluation of Quality Attributes of Agricultural Produce. 2016/1/1.
3. A Rafiq, HA Makroo, MK Hazarika. MATLAB Toolbox for Mathematical Modelling of Drying Kinetics of Tomato. Indian Journal of Ecology. 42 (2), 444-448, 2016.
4. Aasima Rafiq, Juri Chowdhary, M.K Hazarika, Hilal Ahmad Makroo. Temperature dependence on hydration kinetic model parameters during rehydration of parboiled rice. J Food SciTechnol, DOI 10.1007/s13197-015-1790-7, 15th March, 2015.
5. Hazarika, M.K. and Datta, A.K. Estimation of Drying Rate Constant from Static Bed Moisture Profile by Neural Network Inversion Agricultural Engineering International: the CIGR Journal Vol. 16,No.1 Page:253-264.
6. Bezbaruah, B.J. and Hazarika, M.K. Generalization of temperature and thickness effects in kinetic studies of turmeric (Curcuma longa) slices drying, International Food Research Journal. Vol.21(4): Page:1529-1532 28 January 2014.
7.Hazarika, M.K. Energy-Efficient Food Processing: Principles and Practices in Fundamentals of Advanced Food Process Engineering. Editor J.K. Sahu, CRC Press.