Mr. Dibyakanta Seth
Department of Food Engineering and Technology
Tezpur University, Tezpur,Assam.
Contact no: 03712-267007/8/9 (Ext. 5708)
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial & Corporation
Development of Low fat oven baked gulab jamun powder
Design and development of prototype for manufacture of honey candy.
Areas of interest: Dairy & Food Engineering, Dairy Technology, Unit Operations in Food Engineering, Emerging Trends in Food Process Engineering.
Name of the Project
Development of Ready to Reconstitute Misti Dahi Powder
Development of Ready to Reconstitute freeze dried Misti Dahi Powder
Membership of Scientific Societies:
1. Member of Association of Food Scientists & Technologists, India (AFSTi), Mysore
2. Member of Swedish South Asian Studies Network (SASNET), AAU Anand, India
Qualified ICAR NET-2009 in Dairy Engineering and Technology
Qualified GATE-2003 in Agricultural Engg. and was recipient of AICTE-GATE fellowship during M.Tech. Degree programme.
1. Das, AJ., Khawas P, Seth, D., Miyaji, T. and Deka, SC. (2016). Optimization of the extraction of phenolic compounds from Cyclosorus extensa with solvents of varying polarities. Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology, DOI: 10.1080/10826068.2015.1135457
2. Seth, D., Badwaik, L. and Vijayalashmi, G. (2015). Effect of feed composition, moisture content and extrusion temperature on extrudate characteristics of yam-corn-rice based snack food. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 52 (3), 1830-1838.
3. Das, AJ., Seth, D., Miyaji, T. and Deka, SC. (2015). Fermentation optimization for a probiotic local northeastern Indian rice beer and application to local cassava and plantain beer production. Journal of the Institute of Brewing, 121(2): 273-282
4. Deb, M. and Seth, D. (2014). Studies on the physic-chemical and microbiological analysis of plain dahi of Assam (India). Journal of Bioresource engineering and Technology, 2(2): 21-26.
5. Badwaik, L. S., Prasad, K. and Seth, D. (2014). Optimization of ingredient levels for the development of peanut based fiber rich pasta. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 51 (10), 2713-2719.
6. Seth, D., Mishra, H.N. 2011. Optimization of Honey Candy Recipe using Response Surface Methodology. American Journal of Food Technology, 6(11): 985-993
7. Seth, D., Gopirajah, R. 2012. Development of extruded snacks using soy, sorghum, millet and rice blend-A response surface methodology approach. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 47: 1526-1531
1. Das, P., Seth, D. (2011). Fortification of Misti Dahi (Sweet Curd) with fig fruit powder. In: National Seminar on Role of Bioactive Compounds in Foods on Human Health., Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam. Pp. 54.
2. Seth, D., Rajoria, A., Patel, A.A. (2010). Storage studies of low fat gulab jamun mix powder. In: National Seminar on Food Security in Times of Crisis, Karunya University, Coimbatore, pp.83.
3. Vijaylaxmi, G., Seth, D. (2010). Pulsed electic field processing. In: National Seminar on Food Security in Times of Crisis, Karunya University, Coimbatore. pp.66.
4. Jaiswal R., Seth, D. (2010). Thin layer drying and mathematical modelling for spinach. In: National Seminar on Food Security in Times of Crisis, Karunya University, Coimbatore. pp .81.
5. Seth, D., Mishra, H.N. (2004). Quality Evaluation & Processing of Honey Candy. In: International Conference on Emerging Trends in Agricultural Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. pp.218-219.
1. Seth, D., Sen, D. (2012). Development of low fat misti dahi powder using vacuum drying. In: International Conference on Food and Nutrition Technology for Public Health Care, IISMAAS, New Delhi. Pp.21.
2. Seth, D. (2011). Development of Extruded snacks using Yam, Rice and Corn flour blends. In: National symposium on Emerging Innovative Technologies for Assurance of Quality and Safety in Processed Foods, IIT Kharagpur. pp.14.
3. Seth, D., Jani, D. (2010). Dairy waste management. In: International Conference on Food Technology, IICPT, Thanjavur. pp.77.
Conference/ Seminar/Workshop attended
1. International Conference on Food and Nutrition Technology for Public Health Care, IISMAAS, New Delhi, May 04-05, 2012.
2. Training Programme on Development of Value Added Fermented Synbiotic Functional Foods, AAU, Anand, Gujarat, Nov 29-Dec 12, 2011.
3. National Seminar on Role of Bioactive Compounds in Foods on Human Health., Tezpur University, Tezpur, Nov 14-16, 2011
4. Winter school on Technological Advances in Novel Dairy Foods, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Mar 01-21, 2011.
5. National symposium on Emerging Innovative Technologies for Assurance of Quality and Safety in Processed Foods, IIT Kharagpur, Feb 24-25, 2011.
6. International Conference on Food Technology, Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Thanjavur, Oct 30-31, 2010.
7. Workshop on High Impact Teaching Skill, Karunya University, Coimbatore, May 24-25, 2010.
8. National Seminar on Food Security in Times of Crisis, Karunya University, Coimbatore, Jan 25-26, 2010.
Member, Editorial Board
1. Food science and Technology Letters - an international journal of bioinfo publications (ISSN: 0976-982X).
2. Assoc. Editor of Research Journal of Food Science And Nutrition.