Food Quality Control Laboratory (FQCL) is established with the support of grant-in-aid from Ministry of Food Processing Industry (MoFPI), GoI, with a financial assistance of Rs.202.7 lakhs in the year 2010. It is located at the Department of Food Engineering and Technology, Tezpur University. It started functioning on a commercial basis from December, 2015, and secured NABL accreditation in July, 2017. Food Quality Control Laboratory (FQCL) at Tezpur University is set up to cater to the requirements of testing nutritional parameters of various food items by food industries and other organisations. The Laboratory also extends these facilities to other educational institutions and industries of the north east region and beyond.
The FQCL is committed to provide high quality testing service that consistently meets the expectations of customers and the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 in the areas of its activities. The Quality Policy stipulates that:
- The management shall work to maintain good professional practice and quality of testing.
- The management system shall
continuously strive to improve its effectiveness in fulfilling
requirement of ISO:17025.
- The laboratory shall meet requirements of customer as well as statutory and regulatory bodies.
- The quality manual shall maintain the structure of document needed for functioning the management and technical activities.
- The responsibility of Technical
Manager and Quality Manger is defined for ensuring compliance
with the International standard.
- Technical Manager and Quality Manger shall ensure compliance with the International standard.
- The management is committed to
maintain the integrity of the management system when
changes in the management system are planned and implemented.