Professor (Sr. Scale)
Tezpur (Central) University
Office Address: Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Napaam, Tezpur 784028
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Dibrugarh University / Jorhat Engineering College
Presently working as Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Tezpur University from July 2006.
Worked as full time Lecturer in Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Majitar, East Sikkim from November 2000 to July 2006.
Worked as part-time
Lecturer in Jorhat Engineering College from November 1999
to November 2000.
Courses taught in the UG (B. Tech.) Level:
01) Basic Electrical Engineering
02) Basic Electronics
03) Electrical Technology
04) Integrated Circuit
05) Circuit Theory
06) Signals and Systems
07) Electronics Measurement and Instrumentation
08) Control System
09) Digital Signal Processing
10) Power Transmission and Distribution
11) Power System Protection
Courses taught in the PG (M.Tech.) Level:
01) Biomedical Image Processing.
Research Area: Image and Video Processing, Muli-Dimensional Signal Processing, Object Tracking.
<![if !supportLineBreakNewLine]><![endif]> Publications in 2006:
1. D. Hazarika, C. Mahanta, S. Dandapat" Tracking of Heart Wall Motion using Unscented Kalman Filter", IEEE INDICON 2006, Delhi, India,15-17 September 2006
Publications in 2008:
1. V. K. Nath, D. Hazarika, A. Mahanta, “ A Novel Approach to Color Image Compression using 3-D Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) ”, Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing, Oct 16th – 19th 2008, Cancun, Mexico.
2. V. K. Nath, D. Hazarika, A. Mahanta, “ A 3-D Block Transform Based Approach to Color Image Compression”, Proceedings of IEEE TENCON 2008, Nov. 19th – 21st 2008, Hyderabad, India.
3. V. K. Nath, D. Hazarika, A. Mahanta, “ A Median Polynomial Approximation Based Approach to Impulse Noise Removal”, Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends and Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering and Renewal Energy, Dec 22nd – 24th 2008, Sikkim, India.
Publications in 2009:
1. V. K. Nath, D. Hazarika, A. Mahanta, "Video Noise Reduction in 3D Mixed Transform Domain Using its Efficient Wavelet Structure ", IEEE INDICON 2009, Gandhinagar, Gujarat,