Dr. Yeasmin Sultana, Assistant Professor
Areas of Interest: Language Education, Educational Technology, Research Methodology in Education
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD & MEd (Assam University Silchar)
- MA (Aligarh Muslim University)
- PGCTE (EFLU, Hyderabad)
- Assistant Professor in Swarajnagar Teachers’ Training College (B.Ed.) affiliated with University of Burdwan from January 2014 to August 2014.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Education, Tezpur University from September 2014 to till date.
- Developing Speaking Skills in English among School Children using Technology Support. Journal of Indian Education, 41(2). National Council for Training and Research (NCERT), New Delhi, 2015.
- Effectiveness of Technology Supportive Learning for the development of Academic Performance in English at Elementary Stage. Educational Research Journal, 1(1). State Council for Educational Research and Training, (SCERT), Assam, 2015.
- Technology Supportive Learning: An Innovative Approach for the Teaching of English at Elementary Stage. Psycho-lingua, 45 (2), 2015.
- Listening Skills – Needed for Effective Communication. Indian Journal of Psychometry & Education, 46 (1), 2015.
- Developing Linguistic Creativity among Young Learners through Literature and Language Games. Aspects of ELT. English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad, 2013.
- Integrating the Integrated: Reflections on the Teaching of Language Skills in Patil, Z. N., Syam Choudhury, A., and Patil, S. P. (Eds.) Innovations in English Language Teaching: Voices from the Indian Classroom. Orient Blackswan: Hyderabad, 2011.
- Learning Paradigm under Constructivist Approach: Implications for School Education in Quality Elementary Education and Constructivism, RIE, NCERT: Bhubaneswar, 2010.
- Developing Communication Skills’ in ELT Weekly, Volume 58, 2010.
- A special lecture on Skill Development and Self Employment Based Programme held in the Department of Home Science, University of Calcutta on December 17, 2014.
- A talk on Language teaching in a multilingual setup in 226th Orientation Programme for Senior Secondary Teachers of Assam organized by Central Institute of Hindi, Guwahati on September 19, 2015.
- A Talk on Gendered Teaching: Pedagogical Practices in a training Programme organized by Centre for Women Studies, Tezpur University on March 16, 2015.
- Attended a three day workshop on instructional skills from 28-30 January, 2016 organized by the Department of Education, Tezpur University.
- Attended two week long workshop on Technical and Scientific Communication from IITBombay from November 8 to December 5, 2015.
- Attended TESOL International Association Workshop on Strategies for Student Centred, Rule Based Activities and Spontaneous, Incidental Learning on 24-25 April, 2015 in Chandigarh, India.
- Attended the Induction cum Orientation Programme on Professional Qualities in Education organized by IQAC, TU during 20-21 April, 2015.
- Participated in a two credit Online Course on Action Research in Education during February to April, 2015 being organized by the Division of Educational Research and Central Institute of Educational Technology, NCERT, New Delhi.
- Acted as one of the Course Directors for the ten day Research Methodology Workshop for researchers being organized by the Department of Education under Teaching Learning Centre, Tezpur University during 15-24 February, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Students perception of teaching effectiveness at University level’ in a National Seminar on Innovative Pedagogy and Effective Teaching Learning, organized by the Department of Education, Tezpur University. from 14-16 March, 2016 .
- Presented a paper titled ‘Paradox between Policy and Practice: Implementation of RTE Act, 2009 in Assam in a national seminar on Human Rights Education for the 21st century: Issues and Challenges being organized by the Department of Education, Raha College, Nagaon on November 14, 2015.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Creative Teaching: Meeting the challenges of Language Education’ in 5th International Conference of the World Science Congress at PG Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi during 10-12 October, 2015.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Developing Communication Skills among School Children Using Technology Supportive Material: An Experimental Study’ in a National Seminar on ELT in India: Problems and Prospects being organized by Sonapur College, Assam during 27-28 August, 2015.
- Presented a paper on Steps towards Quality Control of Pre Service Teacher Education Program in the 4th International Conference of the World Science Congress at Jadavpur University, Kolkata during 16-18 December 2014.