Profile of Dr. R.D.PADMAVATHY
- Ph.D. (Education) from Pondicherry UniversityArea: Mathematics Education and Cognitive Science
- M.Ed. (Education) from Pondicherry University
- B.Ed. (Education) from Pondicherry University
- M.Phil. (Mathematics) from Madurai Kamaraj University
- M.Sc.(Mathematics) from Annamalai University
- B.Sc.(Mathematics) from University of Madras
- M. Sc. (Psychology) from Tamilnadu Open University
- M.A. (English) from Pondicherry University
- PGDCA(Computer Applications) from Pondicherry University
- PGDIT (Instructional Technology) from Annamalai University
- PGDACE(Adult and Continuing Education) from Annamalai University
- UGC - NET (Education) Special Education 2008
- UGC - JRF/ NET (Education) Educational Technology 2009
- TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) Government of Tamilnadu 2010
Specialization/Area of Interest:
Mathematics Education, Research Methodology & Statistics in Education, Educational Psychology,
Cognitive Science, Educational Technology, e-content Development, Guidance and Counseling ,
Environmental Education, Adult and Continuing Education.
Awards & Honors:
- University Grants Commission’s - Junior Research Fellowships [Oct 2010–Dec 2012].
- Pondicherry University - Merit cum Means Scholarship (M.Ed. - 2008).
Positions Held / Professional Experiences:
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Mathematics Education at Vetri Venkateswara College of
Education, Puducherry-605010. [Aug 2009 - Oct 2010].
- Worked as a Trained Graduate Teacher in Department of Education, Government of Tamilnadu [Dec 2012- Sep 2014].
- Worked as a Post and Trained Graduate Teacher for four years in Government aided institution,
Government of Tamilnadu and three years in private institution of Tamilnadu and Pondicherry.
- Coaching classes taken for National Eligibility Test in Clarity Education service, Pondicherry.
Under Graduate: Mathematics Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Administration,Measurement and Evaluation.
Professional Membership and Affiliations:
Life Member - All India Association for Educational Research (A.I.A.E.R), Bhubaneswar.
Life Member - Society for Educational Explorations (S.E.E), Madurai.
Chapters in Books:
- 2012 R.D.Padmavathy, Teacher effectiveness and Professionalism for Quality Education,
Professionalism in facing the challenges of education, A.V. Parvathi Private Publication,
Tirunelveli. pp 378-380, ISBN No. 978-81-909565-2-9
- 2012 R.D.Padmavathy, Tagore and Bharathi: A Comparison, Rabindranath Tagore and Indian
Literature, Universal Publisher, Chennai.pp.402-406, ISBN No.978-81-920866-5-1.
- 2012 R.D.Padmavathy, Smart Class Technology and Mathematics Teacher Trainees
Enrichment, ICT In Teacher Education, Aavishkar Publishers and distributors, India, pp.
197-202,ISBN No. 978-81-7910-405-7.
- 2011 R.D.Padmavathy, Impact of Students Skills on ICT Literacy Increase Mathematics
Achievement among High School Students in Puducherry, Professional Social Work,
Authors Press New Delhi,pp.401-406, ISBN No. 978-81-7273-510-4.
- 2011 R.D.Padmavathy & Prof. M.S.Lalithamma, Critical Evaluation of Educational Principles of
Rabindranath Tagore, Rabindranath Tagore’s Contribution to Literature, Culture and
Education, Nitheesh Prabapathipaggam, Karaikudi, pp.279-283,ISBN No. 978-81-92086637
- 2010 R.D.Padmavathy, Fostering reading comprehension in English by integrating Neurolinguistic
programming and Multimedia, Readings in Applied Linguistics, pp.158-163, ISBN
Selected Articles in Refereed Journals
- 2014 R.D.Padmavathy, Prof. M.S.Lalithamma, Intellectual Ability, Working Memory on
Mathematics Achievement, Vetri Education Quarterly Journal, Apr, Vol-IX, Issue-II,pp.7-
14, ISSN No. 0973-8614.
- 2013 R.D.Padmavathy, Prof. M.S.Lalithamma, Influence of Working Memory and Multiple
Intelligence on Mathematics Achievement, International Journal of Psychology and
Education, Oct, Vol -I, Issue-II, pp.1-6, ISSN No. 2321-8606.
- 2013 R.D.Padmavathy, Prof. M.S.Lalithamma, Understanding Students Working Memory
Liberates Mathematics Learning - A Diagnostic Approach. Scholarly Research Journal for
Inter -disciplinary, Oct-Dec, Vol -II, Issue-V,pp.164-169, Online ISSN No. 2278-8808.
- 2013 R.D.Padmavathy, Multiple Intelligence and Mathematics Achievement, Vetri Education
Quarterly Journal, Apr-June, Vol-VIII ,Issue-II. pp.46-53,ISSN No. 0973-8614.
- 2013 R.D.Padmavathy & K.Mareesh , Effectiveness of Problem Based Learning in Mathematics,
International Multidisciplinary e-Journal, Jan , Vol-II ,Issue-I. pp. 45-50, ISSN No. 2277-
- 2012 R.D.Padmavathy, Change in People’s Attitude of Purchasing and Inherent Way of Living
Indubitable Reduces Solid Waste, International Journal for Research and development in
Environmental Education, Sep ,Vol -I, Issue-II, pp.78-81, ISSN No. 2277-7571.
- 2012 R.D.Padmavathy, Creative Problem Solving Ability - Originality of IX Standard Students in
Puducherry, International Multidisciplinary e- Journal, Jan, Vol -I, Issue-I.pp.41-45 ISSN
- 2012 R.D.Padmavathy, Smart classroom and Diagnosis Remedial Approach: Enhance
Mathematical Successful Intelligence, Journal of Innovation in Education & Psychology,
April ,Vol -I, Issue-11,pp.1-4, ISSN No. 2249-1481.
- 2011 R.D.Padmavathy, Reducing Algebra Difficulties: A Parallel Approach with Arithmetic,
Sansodhan E-Journal, Nov, Year IX, Issue-I, Special Issue.pp.523-525, ISSN No. 0975-
- 2011 R.D.Padmavathy, Effectiveness of use of Computer in Teaching Mathematics at School
Level, Vetri Education Quarterly Journal,Apr-Jun, Vol-6, Issue-II. pp.24-27,ISSN No. 0973-8614.
Publications in Seminar/Conference Proceedings (Selected list)
- 2012 Creative Methodologies and Strategies for Teaching & Promoting Quality Higher Education,
International seminar on ITRMH Ed2012, Centre for Educational Research, Madurai Kamaraj
University, pp . 77-82, ISBN No.978-81-921324-0-2.
- 2012 Maths Disability, Attention Deficiency & Overwhelming Strategies, International Conference
on ICEEEESDA, School of Education, Pondicherry University, pp .351-356, ISBN No.978-
- 2012 Education in and for Creating Awareness about Human Rights, International Conference on
Educating for Human Rights ,Peace And Intercultural Dialogues, PSN College of Education,
Tirunelveli, pp . 264-269, ISBN No.978-81-909710-9-6.
- 2012 Efficacy of Conversational Interactions in English: Communication Skill-Confidence, Career,
International Conference on Professional English, Vel Tech Technical University, Chennai.
- 2011 Effect of Learning Styles on Nurturing Arithmetic and Algebra Achievement among Middle
School Students. International Conference on Emerging Trends in Teacher Education, Indra
Ganesan College of Education, Tiruchy, pp 144-146, ISBN No.978-93-80624-30-3.
- 2011 ICT Enhance the Quality in Distance Education, International Conference on Quality
enhancement in distance education for lifelong learning, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchy,
pp .190-192, ISBN No.978-81-908078-7-6.
- 2011 Think-Pair-Share Strategy as Remedial Teaching for Improving Algebraic Reasoning among
Middle School Students, National conference on Key Concerns and Issues in remedial
teaching , 470-472, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, pp .470-472, ISBN No.978-81-920944-0-3.
- 2011 Graphic Calculator, Logo, Function Probe, Animate Software in Promoting Mathematical
Discovery, National conference on Effective Classroom Instructions, Christian College of
Education, Perambalur, pp .13-15, ISBN No.978-81-908078-7-6.
- 2011 A study on Teacher Education Student’s Attitude Towards Secularism, National conference
on Teacher ,Education and Culture, Magnetic Education Forum-Chennai, pp .14-18.
- 2011 Constructivist Mathematical Classroom Enhance Arithmetic and Algebraic Thinking Skills,
International Conference on Enhancement of Strategies in Teacher Education in Present
Scenario, Kasthooribai Gandhi College of Education, Rasipuram, pp. 5-7, ISBN No.978-93-
- 2011 Effective use of multimedia package for learning Algebra at High School Level, National
conference on Recent Advancements in Sciences and Humanities, United Institute of
Technology, Coimbatore, pp. .1-4, ISBN No.978-81-920799-1-2.
- 2011 Effect of active participation & Neuro- linguistic programming in fostering communication
in English among college students, National conference on English for ampowerment, Vel
Tech Technical University, Chennai, pp.21-23, ISBN No.978-81-898-43-465.
- 2010 Promotion of Teacher Education through internet learning technology, National conference
on Technology Enabled Teaching , Annamalai University, Chidambaram, pp.75-78.
- 2012, July 19-20 : National level workshop for research scholars, conducted by
UGC Academic Staff College, Pondicherry University.
- 2012, Jan 4- 6 : International workshop on Research in Education: An operation,
conducted by Vickram Training College & SEE.
- 2011, Nov 19-20 : National workshop on writing and publishing research articles,
conducted by UGC, Bharathidasan University.
- 2011, Aug 4-5 : All India workshop on Research Methodology for Research Scholars,
conducted by UGC Academic Staff College, Pondicherry University.
- 2011, Mar 11-12 : National workshop on Research Methods in Statistics,
conducted by Pondicherry University.
- 2011, Jan 19-21 : National workshop on Computational Methodologies in Statistics,
conducted by Pondicherry University.
Short Time Courses/Training Programme:
- 2012, Mar 29-31 : E-Content development for Higher Education, conducted by
Christ University, Bangalore.
- 2011, Aug 12-14 : Training programme on Research Methodology and Data Analysis for
Educational Research, conducted by IGNOU, Madurai.
- 2011, Jan 7-8 : Introductory course on Data- analysis for management research using
SPSS and AMOS, conducted by Anna University, Chennai.
Paper Presented in Conference / Seminar /Symposium
- International Level - 20
- National Level - 22
- State level - 03
Selected list of Paper Presented in International/National - Conference / Seminar /Symposium
- 2012 Apr 28 Technological Skilled Teachers Enhance Excellence in Students Learning, National
Seminar on Accelerate Excellence in Education, RDB College of Education,
- 2012 Feb 24-25 Technology Skilled Teacher and Quality Education National Conference on Quality
Concerns in Teacher Education in the Technological Era, Dr. Sivanthi Aditnar College
of Education, Tiruchendur.
- 2012 Feb17-18 Developing Inclusive Teacher Education My Hands, My Eyes, My Ears ,My Voice ,My
Heart, National Seminar on Inclusive Education: Vision To Practice Department of
Education, University of Madras.
- 2012 Feb 4 ICT in Mathematics Teaching, National Seminar on Role of ICT in Teacher Education,
T.S.M College of Education, Kaniyamoor.
- 2011 Dec 31 Psychological Perceptive in Enhancing Learning Process, National Seminar on Role of
Philosophical ,Psychological and Sociological Perceptive in Enhancing Teaching
Learning Process, Sri Venkateswara College of Education & Indian Council of Social
Science Research, Peravurani.
- 2011 Nov 26 Integrating Technology on Teacher Education Program - Enhance Trainees Knowledge
Seminar on Toning Up the Quality of Teacher Education, Paulson’s College of
Education , Pullichapallam.
- 2011Apr 27 Infusing Technology Resources into a Teacher Education Program Enhance Trainees
Knowledge, National Conference on Effective Classroom Instruction Christian College
of Education, Perambalur.
- 2011 Apr 1-2 Current and Needed Research Trends in Mathematics Education, National Seminar on
Recent Advances and Future Trends in Teacher Education, Excel College of Education,
- 2011Mar 18 Constructive Teaching Pedagogy for Mathematics Classroom, National Conference on
Teacher Education Programme for Emerging Needs, Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
- 2011 Mar15-17 Creating Awareness on Environmental Ethics, Global Warming and Climate Change for
Environmental Sustainability Among High School, International Conference on
Developmental Discourse, Arul Anandar College, Karumathur, Madurai.
- 2011Mar 9-10 Emergence of Women Writers in New English Literature, National Seminar on New
English Literature, Department of English, Annamalai University.
- 2011 Mar 2 - 4 Effect of Smart Class-Technology Enabled Higher Secondary Mathematics Classroom in
Puducherry, National Seminar on Pedagogy for Schools, RIE(NCERT) ,Mysore.
- 2011 Feb 4 -6 LIVE Better Life: Harness the Power of Positive Thinking, International Conference on
Life Skills for Quality of Life, Department of Studies in Psychology, University of
- 2011 Feb 3 Globalization Era: E-learning in Higher Education ampowers Disabled Students,
International Conference on Globalization, Higher Education and Disability Bangalore
- 2011Jan27- 28 E-Learning Technology Producing Quality Teacher Education, National Seminar on
New Challenges in Teacher Education, Subham College of Education, Maduranthagam.
- 2011 Jan 18-19 Effect of Positive Criticism and Praise Technique of Motives in Teaching English Poetry
at High School Level , International Seminar on Humanistic Language and Literature
Teaching, Department of English, Anna University.
- 2011 Jan4 -5 Navina Illakiyathil Sirukathayin Pangu, International Conference on Trends in Modern
Literature: East and West ,Department of English and Foreign Languages, Alagappa
- 2010 Dec 31 Effect of CAI in Mathematics Education at Middle School Level, State level Seminar
on Techno Pedagogy for Teaching and Learning, Mahatma Gandhi College of
- 2010 Dec 21-23 Effective use of Statistical Methods for Educational Research Beginners, National
Conference on Recent Advances in Statistic and Computer Applications, Department of
Statistics, Bharathiyar University.
- 2010 Dec 16 Effect of Constructivist Classroom in Learning Physics and Mathematics, State level
Seminar on science education: innovations and instructional strategies, Gandhi gram
Rural Institute-Deemed University.
- 2010 Nov 22 -24 Seizing the Opportunity for Change: Promoting Unity and Building Interdependent
Through Mutual Educational and Multicultural Exchange Programme, International
Conference on South Asia in 2020: Towards a Greater Unity and Interdependence,
MISARC, Pondicherry University.
- 2010 Nov 1-3 Need of Professionalism among Teacher Reduction of Obsolesce Through Innovative
Methods, International Seminar on Teacher ampowerment & Institutional Effectiveness,
Maharaja Madakarinaya First grade college, Chitradurga ,Karnataka.
- 2010 Mar12 -13 Achieving Women ampowerment and Gender Quality through Education Challenges
and Remedies, National Conference on Education for Socially and Economically
Deprived, School of Education, Pondicherry University.
JOURNALS PUBLISHED(Peer Reviewed)
- R.D.Padmavathy, (2015). Error as an Opportunity Tool: To Enhance Statistics and Probability Knowledge among High School Students. International Journal of Scientific Research, Vol-4, Issue-5, May, pp.3-4. ISSN: 2277 – 8179. Impact factor: 3.2416, Indexed: Yes
- R.D.Padmavathy, (2015). Study on Value Dimensions of Post Graduate Students in Assam, Journal of Educational Thoughts, University of Kalyani, West Bengal, Vol. 2, No.6, June, pp.59-64. ISSN : 2348-1714. Impact factor: Nil, Indexed: Yes
- R.D.Padmavathy, (2015), Influence of Demographic Factors on Creative Problem Solving Ability-Elaboration among High School Students. International Journal of Horizons of Holistic Education, Children’s University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Volume 2, issue 2. Apr - June, pp.159-164. ISSN: P: 2349-8811,E: 2349-9133.Impact Factor: 2.051, Indexed: Yes
- R.D.Padmavathy, (2015), Influence of Selected Demographic Factor on Mathematical Concept Error, The Online Journal of New Horizons in Education (TOJNED-International), Turkey, Volume 5, Issue 3, July, pp.101-104. ISSN: 2146-7374. Impact factor: Nil, Indexed: DOAJ
- R.D.Padmavathy, (2015), Impact of Abstract Reasoning and Spatial Relations on Mathematical Errors, Vetri Education Journal, July-Sep, Vol -X, Issue-II, pp.21-26, ISSN: 0973-8614. Impact factor: Nil, Indexed: Yes.
- R.D.Padmavathy, (2015), Values and Human Rights, International Journal of Research, Vol-2, Issue-3, April, pp.353-359. ISSN : (P): 2348-6848. (E):2348-795X .Impact factor: 3.541.Indexed: Yes
- R.D.Padmavathy, (2015), Mathematics Disability – Unperceptive Truth, International Journal of Humanities Social Science Studies, Vol-1 Issue-5, March, pp.44-48. ISSN: (P):2349-6711;(E)2349-6959. Impact factor: 0.168. Indexed: Yes
- R.D.Padmavathy, (2015), Diagnostic of Errors Committed By 9th Grade Students in Solving Problems in Geometry, International Journal for Research in Education, 4, Issue-1, January, (2015), pp. 28-31. ISSN : (P): 2347-5412.(E):2320-091X. Impact factor: 1.5. Indexed: Yes
- R.D.Padmavathy, Pallai, P. (2015), Human Rights Awareness of University Students: An Investigation, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, Vol- 4, Issue-4, April, pp.46-50. ISSN: (P): 2319 – 7714. (E): 2319-7722 Impact factor: 1.756. Indexed: Yes
Invited as a Resource Person
- R.D.Padmavathy: Acted as a resource person in the teacher training programme and delivered lecture on “Teacher Students Relationship” organized by Don Bosco Socio-Technical Institute, Tezpur on April 30, 2016.
- R.D.Padmavathy: Acted as a resource person in the National Seminar and delivered lecture on Youth of Meghalaya in higher Education organized by Nongstoin College, Meghalaya on March 4- 5, 2016.
- R.D.Padmavathy: Acted as a resource person in the teacher training programme and delivered lecture on “Teacher Students Relationship” organized by Don Bosco Socio-Technical Institute, Tezpur on January 25, 2016.
- R.D.Padmavathy: Acted as a resource person in the International Seminar on Peace Education organized by Acharya Nagarjuna University on December 5, 2015.
- R.D.Padmavathy: Delivered a talk on challenges in the new education scenario and how to enhance cognitive domain by identifying student’s individual differences, at teacher training program. Don Bosco Social-Technical Institute, Tezpur, 7th February, 2015.