Department of Chemical Sciences
University, Tezpur - 784 028
Ph.D. [Heterogeneous Catalysis]: Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) Hyderabad - 500 607/ Osmania University, Hyderabad, India, Supervisor: Dr. B.M. Reddy, FRSC, FNAE
M.Sc.: Gauhati University, Guwahati - 781 014, India
B.Sc.: Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology (Formerly, Govt. Science College) Jorhat - 785 010, India
Biographical profile published in Marquis Whos Who in the world 2012 (29th Edition)
Rev Fr L Yeddanapalli Best Thesis Award of Catalysis Society of India
Awarded Junior/Senior Research Fellowship of CSIR (NET-JRF/SRF) during Ph.D.
Editorial Board/ Membership
1. Life Member: Materials Research Society of India; LMB 2676 (2016-)
2. Honorary Member: American Chemical Society (2015-)
3. Associate Editor: GSTF Journal of Chemical Sciences (2015-)
4. Editorial Board Member: Advanced Energy: An International Journal (2014-)
5. Editorial Board Member: Journal of Chemistry & Applied Biochemistry (2014-)
6. IUPAC Affiliate Member (2013-)
7. Associate Editor: International Journal of Chemical Research (2013-)
08/2011 till date: Assistant Professor at Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Assam, India
02/2011 07/2011: UGC-Postdoctoral Fellow at Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Assam, India (Supervisor: Prof. R.C. Deka)
04/2009 09/2010: Post-doctoral Research Scientist at Research Institute for Ubiquitous Energy Devices, AIST Kansai, Japan (Supervisor: Dr. Y. Yamada and Dr. T. Kiyobayashi)
10/2007 12/2007: Visiting Fellow (under DST-DAAD program) at Laboratory of Industrial Chemistry, Ruhr University of Bochum, Germany (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. M. Muhler and Prof. Dr. W. Gruenert)
02/2006 04/2006: Visiting Fellow (under DST-DAAD program) at Laboratory of Industrial Chemistry, Ruhr University of Bochum, Germany (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. M. Muhler and Prof. Dr. W. Gruenert)
07/2003 03/2005: Research Fellow (Project Assistant) at Material Science Division, North-East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat, Assam, India
Heterogeneous catalysis, structural characterization of solid surfaces
Shape and size controlled metal and metal oxide nanocatalysts
Three-way catalysis, combustion of natural gases and particulate matters (soot), Electrocatalysis
1. Mr. Biraj J.
Borah (Ph.D. Scholar; 08/2015-)
2. Mr. Kumar K. Hazarika (Ph.D. Scholar; 01/2015-)
3. Ms. Himadri Saikia (Ph.D. Scholar; 08/2013-)
4. Ms. Pangkita Deka (Ph.D. Scholar; 08/2011-, Registered with Prof. R. C. Deka)
List of Publications (Selected)
1. A. Dewan, P. Bharali, Y. Bora, A.J. Thakur, Starch assisted Palladium(0) nanoparticles as in situ generated catalysts for room temperature Suzuki-Miyaura reaction in water, RSC Advances, 6 (2016) 11758 11762.
2. P. Deka, R.C. Deka, P. Bharali, Porous CuO nanostructure as reusable catalyst for oxidative degradation of organic water pollutants, New Journal of Chemistry, 40 (2016) 348 357.
3. D. Bharali, R. Devi, P. Bharali, R.C. Deka, Synthesis of high surface area mixed metal oxide from NiMgAl LDH precursor for Nitro-aldol condensation reaction, New Journal of Chemistry, 39 (2015) 172 178.
4. B.J. Borah, H. Saikia, P. Bharali, Reductive conversion of Cr(VI) to Cr(III) over bimetallic CuNi nanocrystals at room temperature, New Journal of Chemistry, 38 (2014) 2748 2751.
5. B.J. Borah, P. Bharali, Surfactant-free synthesis of CuNi nanocrystals and their application for catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 390 (2014) 29 36.
6. P. Deka, R.C. Deka, P. Bharali, In-situ generated copper nanoparticle catalyzed reduction of 4-nitrophenol, New Journal of Chemistry, 38 (2014) 1789 1793.
7. P. Bharali, P. Saikia, L. Katta, B.M. Reddy, Enhancement in CO oxidation activity of nanosized CexZr1-xO2 solid solutions by incorporation of additional dopants, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 19 (2013) 327 336.
8. P. Bharali, P. Saikia, B.M. Reddy, Large-scale synthesis of ceria-based nano-oxides with high CO oxidation activity, Catalysis Science & Technology, 2 (2012) 931 933.
9. P. Bharali, G. Thrimurthulu, L. Katta, B.M. Reddy, Preparation of highly dispersed and thermally stable nonosized cerium-hafnium solid solutions over silica surface: structural and catalytic evaluation, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 18 (2012) 1128 1135.
10. P. Bharali, K. Kuratani, T. Takeuchi, T. Kiyobayashi, N. Kuriyama, Capacitive Behavior of Amorphous and Crystalline RuO2 Composite Electrode Fabricated by Spark Plasma Sintering Technique, Journal of Power Sources, 196 (2011) 7878 7881.
11. B.M. Reddy, K.N. Rao, P. Bharali, Copper Promoted Cobalt and Nickel Catalysts Supported on Ceria-Alumina Mixed Oxide: Structural Characterization and CO Oxidation Activity, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 48 (2009) 84788486.
12. B.M. Reddy, P. Saikia, P. Bharali, S.-E. Park, M. Muhler, W. Grünert, Physicochemical Characteristics and Catalytic Activity of Alumina Supported Nanosized Ceria-terbia Solid Solutions, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 113 (2009) 2452 2462.
13. B.M. Reddy, P. Bharali, P. Saikia, G. Thrimurthulu, Y. Yamada, T. Kobayashi, Thermal Stability and Dispersion behavior of Nanostructured CexZr1-xO2 Mixed Oxides on Anatase-TiO2: A Combined Study of CO Oxidation and Characterization by XRD, XPS, TPR, HREM, and UV-vis DRS, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 48 (2009) 453 462.
14. B.M. Reddy, P. Saikia, P. Bharali, Y. Yamada, T. Kobayashi, M. Muhler, W. Grünert, Structural Characterization and Catalytic Activity of Nanosized Ceria-Terbia Solid Solutions, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 112 (2008) 16393 16399.
15. B.M. Reddy, P. Bharali, P. Saikia, S.-E. Park, M.W.E. van den Berg, M. Muhler, W. Grünert, Structural Characterization and Catalytic Activity of Nanosized CexM1-xO2 (M = Zr and Hf) Mixed Oxides, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 112 (2008) 11729 11737.
16. B.M. Reddy, P. Lakshmanan, P. Bharali, P. Saikia, G. Thrimurthulu, M. Muhler, W. Grünert, Influence of Alumina, Silica, and Titania Supports on the Structure and CO Oxidation Activity of CexZr1-xO2 Nanocomposite oxides, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 111 (2007) 10478 10483.
17. B.M. Reddy, P. Bharali, P. Saikia, A. Khan, S. Loridant, M. Muhler, W. Grünert, Hafnium Doped Ceria Nanocomposite Oxide as a Novel Redox Additive for Three-way Catalysts, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 111 (2007) 1878 1881.
Book(s)/ Chapter(s) in Books
B.M. Reddy, G. Thrimurthulu, and P. Bharali, Catalytic Regulation and Utilization of Greenhouse Gases, In Environmental Pollution and Its Relation to Climate Change (Ed., Ahmed El Nemr), Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 2012, chapter 3, pp. 65 104, ISBN: 978-1-61761-794-2.
P. Bharali and B.M. Reddy, Design of Ceria-based Nanocomposite Oxides for Catalytic Applications, LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, 2011, ISBN 978-3-8443-1791-6, pp. 1-168.
B.M. Reddy, P. Bharali, and P. Saikia, A Comprehensive Overview on Synthesis Techniques of Nanostructured Oxides, In New Nanotechniques, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 2009, chapter 6, pp. 243 276, ISBN: 978-1-60876-470-9.