Highlights of Teaching and Research Activities
· Teaching about nineteen years for different courses of M. Sc. in Polymer Science (1997-2011), M. Tech. in Polymer Science and Technology (2012-till date), M. Sc. in Nanoscience (2006-2013) and Ph. D. programs (1997-till date)
· One hundred and eighty three research publications in the journals of International (174) and national (09) repute with high impact factors. Several research papers are cited in various text/reference books (about 2857 citations; h-index = 28, i10-index=86, Courtesy: Google scholar, as on 15th April, 2016).
· Five books and five chapters in edited books published (two more including encyclopaedia chapters are in the process of publication).
· Hyperbranched epoxy thermosets and their nanocomposites with carbon dots and its nanohybrids as outstanding tough materials with photocatalytic attribute
· Bio-based biodegradable high performance tough hyperbranched polyurethanes and their nanocomposites for multifaceted applications including self-healing, self-cleaning smart materials
· Biodegradable, biocompatible advanced polymers and their utility for multifaceted applications including biomedical
· Innovative hyperbranched tough epoxy with low dielectric and extremely high adhesive strength
· Innovative biocompatible and biodegradable antibacterial hyperbranched tough epoxy with high adhesive strength as a bio-sealant
· Bio-based biodegradable hyperbranched polyesters and their nanocomposites as advanced (including antimicrobial) surface coating and paint binder materials
· Bio-based biodegradable hyperbranched poly(ester amide) and its nanocomposites as antistatic advanced coating materials
· Bio-based biodegradable epoxidized oil, epoxy resins and their nanocomposites as reactive diluents and advanced surface coating materials
· Petroleum based hyperbranched polyethers and polyamines for multipurpose polymeric additives
· Biodegradable polymer supported nanomaterials immobilized bioactive molecules with enhanced activity, recyclability, storage stability and industrial applicability
· Strong background in polymer synthesis, characterization and properties evaluation (Utilizing NMR, SEM, FTIR, UTM, TGA, DSC, Two Roll Mill, Bravender plastic order, Rheometer, Compression press, etc. instruments/tools )
· Computer skills: Windows, ChemDraw, Power point, Origin and Microsoft Excel
· Creative and energetic team player with experience in collaborative research and supervising post graduate/Ph.D. students
· Head of Sophisticated and Analytical Instrumental Center (SAIC), Tezpur University, April 2015-till date
· Head of the Department, Chemical Sciences Department, Tezpur University, September , 2010 to August, 2013
· Member of Research Committee of Tezpur University, Tezpur since April, 2010 to March 2016
· Chief Coordinator of 11th Convocation of Tezpur University, 2012-2013
· Executive Research Council Member of DRL (DRDO), Tezpur since 2013
· Course Designer for M. Tech. in Polymer Science and Technology
· Coordinator, UGC-NET, December 2013, Tezpur University Center.
· Member of Academic Council, Tezpur University from April, 2009 to till date.
· Member of School Board of Studies of School of Sciences, Tezpur University from September , 2010 to August, 2013
· Chairman of Board of Studies of Chemical Sciences Department, Tezpur University, Tezpur from September , 2010 to August, 2013
· Chairman of Departmental Research Committee of Chemical Sciences Department, Tezpur University, Tezpur from September , 2010 to August, 2013
· Chairman of Departmental Purchase Committee of Chemical Sciences Department, Tezpur University, Tezpur from September , 2010 to August, 2013
· Chairman of Tezpur University Entrance Examination, 2009-2010
· Dean in-charge of School of Sciences, since 2010 (as & when required)
· Coordinator of Venue committee of 10th Convocation of Tezpur University, 2011-2012
· Member of modifying committee of syllabus of Polymer Science specialization in Applied Chemistry Course
· In-charge for project and training for M. Tech. program
· External member of departmental doctoral committee (DRC) for different departments of Tezpur University
· Member of Counselling for any academic problem of the students of Tezpur University
· Expert member for selections of faculty, technical staff, project staff, etc. for various Departments of Tezpur University
· Expert member of selection committee of DRDO (technical staff, DRL, Tezpur), New Delhi
· External examiner of various Institutions like NEHU, IIT Kharagpur, Madras University, Calcutta University, Utkal University, IIT BHU, NCL Pune, etc.
· External member of question setter for other Universities.