Experienced, resourceful and well-published teaching and research professional with expertise in Polymer Science and Technology: synthesis and characterization, polymer nanocomposites, surface coatings, hyperbranched polymers, rubber compounding and Technology, flame retardant polymers, multipurpose polymeric additives and roles to affect creative solutions to a broad range of research problems in the above fields. Experienced and knowledgeable research professional in the area of development of advanced polymers and nanomaterials with special emphasis on biodegradable, biocompatible advanced polymers obtained through the dictates of green chemistry and green technology to meet the challenges of today’s society.
· M. Sc. (Organic Chemistry, 1992), IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, 721302.
· M. Tech. (Rubber Tech., 1994), IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, 721302.
· Ph. D. (Polymer Sci. & Tech., 1998), IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, 721302.
(Title of Thesis: Antimony containing polymers, special reference to flame retardant behaviour)
· Management Trainee (Technical), Birla Tyres [1994-1995]
· Lecturer, Tezpur University [1997-2001]
· Lecturer (Sr. Scale), Tezpur University [2001-2004]
· Reader/Associate Professor, Tezpur University [2004-2009]
· Professor*, Tezpur University [2009-present]
*Head of the Department (2010-2013)
*Head, SAIC, Tezpur University (2015-present)
Additional Qualifications/Industrial Experience
· M. Sc., IIT Kharagpur, 1992
Topic of Research: Oxidative polymerization of aryl amines
· M. Tech., Dunlop I. Ltd/ IIT Kharagpur, 1993
Topic of Research: Tyre tread compounds with special reference to hardness
· Senior Research Fellow (Ph. D.), IIT Kharagpur, 1995-1997
Topic of Research: Development of antimony polymers
· Post Doctoral Fellow, KAIST (South Korea), 2001
Topic of Research: Speciality polymers
· Visiting Professor, KU (South Korea), 2007
Topic of Research: Polyurethane carbon nanotube nanocomposites
· Guest Researcher, IPF (Germany), 2008
Topic of Research: Hyperbranched polyurethane-Ag nanocomposites