M. Tech. (IT)

The M.Tech in Information Technology is a four semester full-time programme oriented for research and advance training in Information Technology. It is an AICTE approved programme and was started in 1997. It covers major aspects of Information Technology and related subjects through 14 courses (core :5, elective: 6, open elective: 2 and seminar :1). The student has to carry out a dissertation work in an area of interest in Information Technology.

Intake:   28
Eligibility: B.E./B.Tech./AMIE/AMIETE in CSE/IT/ECE/allied subjects or MCA or its equivalent or M.Sc. in Computer Science/IT/Electronics/Mathematics/Statistics with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. Candidates selected under GATE must possess a valid GATE score in CS.
Admission Procedure: 85% of the seats will be filled up through GATE scores. For the remaining 15% of the seats, the selection for admission to the programme will be based on an All India level Open Entrance Test to be conducted by the University. The questions will be multiple choice type.