The Department of Commerce currently offers the Integrated Master of Commerce (M. Com.) with option of lateral exit on successful completion of six semesters with B.Com (Hons) degree and lateral entry in the Seventh Semester (subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria) for the M. Com. Degree.
At present, admission to the B.Com.(Hons) module is going on for the 10+2 pass-out. Admission to the M.Com. module will begin from the academic session 2017-18 to be started from July, 2017.
- After completion of the programme students will have an in-depth knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Taxation and Business laws
- The students will have basic understanding in Business Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research and Management
- The programme prepares the students to build competencies for research activities
- The programme aims to equip the students with professional skills, inter personal skills and entrepreneurial qualities
- To inculcate ethical values, team work, leadership and managerial skills
- The students will develop an ability to apply knowledge acquired in problem solving
- The students will be ready for employment in functional areas like Accounting, Taxation, Banking, Insurance and Corporate Law
- Students will be able to pursue their career in teaching and research
- Students will exhibit inclination towards pursuing professional courses such as CA/ CS/ CMA/CFA etc
- Students will be able to handle computer based software in areas of Accounting, Taxation, and Banking
- Ability to work in teams with enhanced communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to start entrepreneurial activities
- An inclination towards lifelong learning and acquiring contemporary knowledge
- An informed, aware and active citizen
The programme is designed to provide the basis for developing the skills necessary to face the challenges of job market, The course structure supports the process of competency building of the students in attaining success in NET/SET and other competitive examinations that the pass outs may appear in, and the course structure takes care of both practical and theoretical dimensions. Moreover, possible care has been taken to ensure that the students acquire relevant skills and knowledge expected of a successful graduate in case anyone opts for lateral exit after completion of the sixth semester with a required B. Com. (Hons.) degree, enabling him/her to pursue any professional programme of his/her choice. This course structure attempts to ensure that the students are equipped with necessary soft and behavioural skills, which are expected to distinguish this programme from the typical B.Com. programmes usually offered. The pass outs of the Integrated M. Com. Programme are expected to fulfill all the requirements of careers in teaching, research, industry and consultancy, apart from becoming a self-employed professional or a successful entrepreneur.
If you are someone who believes in yourself and is interested in pursuing your degree in a unique manner to survive in the hard competition after completing your graduation/post graduation, this programme is designed for you.