About the Department
Department of Commerce, established under the "School of Management Sciences", came into existence in the year 2014. The department began with Integrated Master of Commerce (Integrated M. Com), a 5-Year programme. The programme has a unique feature of Lateral-Exit with B. Com (Hons.) Degree after 3 years and Lateral-Entry, in the 4th year, to the M. Com Programme (2-Year Post-graduate Programme). The department also offers PhD Programme in Commerce that commenced from the academic year 2020-21. At present, the department offers the following four degrees:
Welcome to the Department of Commerce, Tezpur University. Ever since the establishment of the department, in the year 2014, we have grown our expertise and competence
in the curriculum of Commerce and related research in various thrust areas of Accounting, Finance, Banking, Economics and allied areas. The department offers a 5 years Integrated Master of Commerce (Integrated M. Com) programme with the option of lateral-exit at the end of 6th Semester awarding the qualified students the degree of B. Com (Hons.).
- One-Day online Motivational Talk on Managing Oneself -Turning Adversities into Opportunities on 23rd Sept, 2022.
- National Webinar on Financial Education, Theme " Indian Capital Market & Wealth Management" 29th August 2022
- Cleanliness Drive carried out by the Students of Commerce Department on 16th August 2022
- Distribution of Study Materials and Stationeries to School Students on 15th August 2022
- Summer Internship Program (Autumn 2022) for Integrated MCOM 9th Sem / MCOM 3rd Sem
- One Week (5 Days) Workshop On “Research Methodology and Data Analysis for Social Science Research” to be held from March 7-11, 2022
- One day Workshop On “Forensic Accounting Education in India” 5 th March, 2022
- Parents Feedback on Standard of Teaching provided at the Department of Commerce.