Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who are authorized to use the Central Library of Tezpur University?
All students, faculty members and staff of the University are authorized to use the Library. Student alumni, retired staff members and visiting faculties also have the privilege to use the Central Library. However, for availing the borrowing facilities, users need to enroll themselves as Library members on fulfilling the requisite procedures.
2. Can I bring my own book in the Library?
Yes, members are allowed to bring their personal books for reading in the Library but only in Reading section.
3. Is there a fine for late return of books?
Yes, fine is charged as per the following:
|#||Category of Member||Fine Amount (In Rs.) per Day
|2||Staff/Project Fellow||Rs. 5.00|
|3||Research Scholars||Rs. 10.00|
4. Where can I pay Library dues?
Library dues can be paid in cash in office of library on first floor of the Library.
5. What are the issue/return timings in the Library?
|Monday to Friday||9:00 to 19:30 hrs|
|Saturday & Sunday||10:00 to 17:00 hrs|
6. Can books be reserved if issued?
Yes, all members of the Library can reserve books Online.
7. How many books a member get issued?
Following are the details of books to each category of members:
|#||Category of Member||No. of Books||Period|
|2||Staff/Project Fellow||3||15 Days|
|3||Research Scholars||5||15 Days|
8. How can I recommend a book for purchase in the Library?
An authorized user can recommend a book for purchase by filling-in a “Book recommendation Form” that can be obtained from the Library Website. The form should then be routed through your Head of the Department for his recommendation.
9. Can we refer to Dissertation/Ph.D. Theses?
Yes, all the members of library can refer to dissertations/Ph.D. Theses. Outsiders are not allowed to refer to dissertations and Theses.
10. Can the dissertation/theses be issued?
These are grey literatures so, these will not be issue.
11. I have lost a book, what am I required to do?
Immediately report in the library by writing application to librarian. Then after you have to submit the new copy of the same book to the library within stipulated time.
12. If I do not get the book on shelve what can I do?
First contact concerned staff responsible for shelving of books in that area. You may also contact professionals in counter or In-charge, Circulation Section.
13. Can a bound volume of journal be issued to a member?
No, bound volumes of journals cannot be issued.