Following general rules are in force in this library:
- All kinds of personal belongings except notebook are supposed to be kept in the property counter at the entrance.
- Silence is must inside the library.
- Mobile phone in vibration mode only is permissible.
- Member shall not smoke or spite in any part of the library.
- While browsing books, no book should be replaced by the user on the stack themselves.
- Books once picked out from the stack should be left in the reading table if not issued out.
- The physical condition of the book should be checked while checking out. Mutilation of pages if found is to be brought to the notice of the circulation in-charge. Otherwise, the borrower himself/herself shall be responsible for mutilation of the book if detected afterwards.
- Underlining, marking, folding of pages, etc. in the book is strictly prohibited.
- Upon any infringement of the library rules, members shall forfeit privileges of admission and membership of the library.
- The librarian reserves the right to suspend or delinquent membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
- The members caught tearing of pages/stealing books or otherwise mutilating books will be suspended forthwith from using library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against him/her by the university.