Tezpur University was established in 1994 by an Act of the Parliament as a teaching and residential central university
with an objective to promote teaching-learning and research for advancement of knowledge and creation of human resources
for the development of the state, region and the nation. Located on a 262-acre plot at Tezpur, Assam, the University
currently has 20 departments and 11 Centres/Cells offering 70 carefully chosen academic programmes under four Schools
of Studies viz., the Schools of Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and Engineering. The chief
features of the University are:
- Over 3700 students (including international) mentored by 240 faculty members and supported by 270 technical and administrative staff.
- Admission through JEE, MAT, CAT, GATE, CEEB and TUEE.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure to ensure easy adaptability anywhere in the world.
- Continuous Evaluation system and Choice-based Credit Transfer facility.
- A fully ICT enabled campus with campus-wide internet accessibility.
- Microsoft Innovation Centre.
- A Central Library with accessibility to major libraries of the world including e-library facilities.
- The 62-room 3 star equivalent University Guesthouse with VIP accommodation facilities.
- Ample opportunity for cultivating talents in games & sports, music & culture, literature and others
- Active training & placement assistance.